FAMILY TRANSIT DAY
Enjoy a day of fun at the Communities in Motion Family Transit Day. Sponsors of the Family Transit Day are BART, Alameda County Supervisor Scott Haggerty, Downtown Livermore, WHEELS, Colorado Railcar and the Tri Valley Resource Team on Clean Air. The event is being held on Sunday June 1 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Downtown Livermore ACE Station.
Communities in Motion Family Transit Day is a special opportunity to learn about the services which help tie Tri-Valley communities together. A special feature of the day's activities will be the display of the new DMU (short for Diesel, Multiple, Unit) Colorado Railcar. This new train is being considered as one of the alternatives for extending BART service from Walnut Creek to Tracy. While at the fair:
- experience the DMU, self-propelled commuter railcar from Colorado Railcar
- discover new transit options and learn more about current transit services in the community
- find out how to get around fast on Bay Area public transit systems
- meet local community leaders
There will be non-stop music, free balloons and a raffle with prizes. Choo-choo train rides and pony rides are available for the kids as well as the Niles Canyon Railway Exhibit "Take a Trip Back in Time." You can also enjoy local food and wine featuring Livermore Valley Wineries.
800 Madison Street, Oakland, California 94607
(510) 464-7110 phone email@example.com e-mail www.bart.gov WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW