NEW WHEELS SERVICES TO COMMENCE
The Livermore/Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of WHEELS, is instituting a series of service modifications which will commence August 30. A number of changes to routes and schedules will be occurring within Hacienda.
A summary of changes follows. New printed schedules are available on WHEELS buses or through the contacts provided below.
- DART Sunday DART (flexible route) service will be discontinued. Service to destinations previously provided by DART may be accessed via WHEELS fixed routes.
- Route 1A/1B Saturday service will be replaced by Route 12A.
- Route 7 This service will be modified to include a permanent deviation from the BART station to PeopleSoft Parkway and will operate counter-clockwise on the Case Avenue loop before its return to the BART station from downtown Pleasanton.
- Route 8 Route has been expanded to include Sunday service. Designated as 8A, on weekends the route will directly service the fairgrounds. Route 8 will continue to operate clockwise.
- Route 11 Saturday service will be replaced with expanded service on Route 15.
- Route 12 Designated as Route 12A, service will operate on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Route 15 Weekends hours will be expanded to begin at 7am and end at 8 pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Route 31 This service will be replaced by Routes 12A and 51 which originate at the BART station.
- Route 51 Provides service between the BART station and the Santa Rita Rehabilitation Center every 20 minutes on both Saturday and Sunday during the hours of operation.
Hacienda employees and residents are eligible for free WHEELS passes. In order to qualify for a pass, you need to be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona. Bus passes entitle the bearer to a free ride to and from work, or to and from home for residents, on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses and residents to the respective stations. During off-peak commute hours, WHEELS DART service shuttles passengers to and from the BART station as well as other destinations in the WHEELS service area. WHEELS I-680 express bus service provides a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Passes may be ordered at: www.hacienda.org/materials/materials_commute_pass.html.
Additional information on new WHEELS routes and schedules is available at: www.wheelsbus.com/preview/index.html. You may also utilize the contact information found below for additional details.
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 455-7558 phone (925) 443-1375 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.wheelsbus.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW