NEW WHEELS SERVICES TO COMMENCE
The Livermore/Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of WHEELS, is instituting a series of service modifications which will commence on Saturday, August 25, 2007. A number of changes to routes and schedules will be occurring within Hacienda and additional service will be added to the I680 Express bus.
A summary of changes follows. New schedules will be available on August 11th at the Livermore Transit Center, on all WHEELS buses, on the WHEELS website or through the contacts provided below.
Hacienda Service Modifications
- Route 1A/B Rose Pavilion – East Dublin: Route 1B will operate counterclockwise in the AM and Route 1A clockwise in the PM to better serve passengers traveling to/from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and employment centers in the Northeast portion of Dublin. During the midday, the route will be modified to provide service to Dublin Ranch Villages. In addition, the route will be realigned away from Central Parkway and relocated to Dublin Boulevard between Hacienda Drive and Tassajara Road. The new route configuration will provide increased service along Dublin Boulevard with connections to the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. The Pleasanton portion of the route will not be operated during the midday hours.
- Route 3/3V Stoneridge Mall/West Dublin: To better serve residents of West Dublin, the Route 3 will operate in both directions during the core PM commute hours. Three additional trips will operate in the clockwise direction from approximately 4-7 PM to serve passengers traveling to/from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. Two midday trips of the Route 3 will be removed from the Wildwood Road segment, with those 2 midday trips instead serving the Safeway Shopping Center on Amador Plaza Road (at Dublin Boulevard). On Saturdays, one additional AM and one additional PM trip have been added extending service to 6-11 AM and 2-8 PM. In the route's Hacienda Business Park portion, north-south service will be moved one block to the west - from Willow Road to Chabot Drive. Two additional trips will be added to the Route 3V in the AM serving the Shannon Park area and one additional PM trip has been added to serve passengers traveling to/from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
- Route 10 Stoneridge Mall/BART Station/Livermore Transit Center/East Ave-Vasco Road: WHEELS has increased service frequency to more closely match those of BART trains - both on weekdays and on weekends. Midday service frequency on weekdays will increase from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes, and some of the evening service frequency will increase from 40 minutes to 20 minutes. Saturday service frequency on East Avenue will be increased from 40 minutes to 20 minutes, and Sunday frequencies will increase from every 30 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Route 70X Dublin/Pleasanton BART/Walnut Creek BART/ Pleasant Hill BART/Kaiser Medical Center/Walnut Creek: WHEELS has added four daily roundtrips, to provide a consistent 30-minute frequency. Service hours will be expanded (5:15 -9:30 AM and 3:10 -7:30 PM). This route will now serve the Kaiser Medical Center in Walnut Creek on the non-commute direction (northbound in AM, southbound in PM). Service will begin one hour earlier in the AM and operate one hour later in the PM.
- Route 604 BART/Foothill High School/Pleasanton: To better serve high school students residing in the Fairlands, Hacienda Business Park and Muirwood Park areas, WHEELS will discontinue the portion of the route that serves the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and redirect service directly to/from Foothill High School from those neighborhoods.
- Route 612 Harvest Park Middle School/Hart Middle School/Amador Valley High School/Pleasanton: This is a new route to serve students traveling between the Hanson Park and Del Prado Park area to Harvest Park Middle School, Hart Middle School and Amador Valley High School.
- Route 1E Dublin Ranch Villages – Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station – Fallon Middle School: This is a new commute hour service between Northern Dublin Ranch and the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. The service will operate along Central Parkway and Dublin Ranch Drive connecting directly with the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. Service will operate from approximately 6-9 AM and 4-7 PM. This route will also serve students traveling to/from Fallon Middle School.
- Route 11 Livermore Transit Center/Springtown: WHEELS has extended service from the Livermore Transit Center, to employment and retail centers located along Las Positas Road and First Street to Greenville Road. Service to Springtown will be discontinued but filled by increased frequency on Route 15 (see below). The route will serve Scott Street and a portion of Portola Avenue. The new 11 route will no longer serve the Livermore Civic Center, leaving this duty solely to Route 14. Service hours will be approximately 6-9 AM and 4-7 PM.
- Route 15 Livermore Transit Center/Springtown: WHEELS will increase daytime service frequency from 60 minutes to 30 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays, with evening service remaining at every 60 minutes. Route 15 weekdays will start one hour earlier in the AM and operate one hour later in the evening, bringing its total service span to be approximately 5 AM to midnight.
- Route 20 BART / East Avenue / Vasco / LLNL: This route will operate a longer service span in the AM with service beginning at 5:45 AM and the last eastbound bus leaving from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station at 9:30 AM.
- Route 50 Hacienda/Koll Shuttle: Operated as a free shuttle between the Dublin Koll Center and the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station, WHEELS will extend service to operate from approximately 6-10 AM and 4-7:30 PM.
- Route 51 BART/Santa Rita Jail: Operated as weekend-only service between Dublin/Pleasanton BART and Santa Rita Jail, WHEELS will extend service by 20 minutes in the evening to better coincide with the end of visiting hours at the Santa Rita Jail.
- Route 53 Pleasanton ACE Station/Stoneridge Mall/Fairgrounds: Operated as a shuttle between the Pleasanton ACE station and West Pleasanton, WHEELS will extend service to Washington Mutual Way and the southeastern portion of Johnson Drive.
- Route 162 Junction Avenue Middle School/Livermore: Service to/from Hagemann Park will be replaced by a special Route 12 trip.
- Route 163 East Avenue Middle School/Livermore High School: Current service to the Big Trees Park neighborhood will receive one additional PM trip. This route will be renumbered as Route 16.
- Route 202 Wells Middle School/Dublin: To better serve students originating in the adjacent neighborhood, WHEELS has realigned service away from Dublin Boulevard to Central Parkway, between Hacienda Drive and Tassajara Road.
- Route 606 Pleasanton Middle School: WHEELS will extend service one block down from its current east-west path along Arbor Drive south to Bordeaux Street to increase coverage for middle and high school students living in south Vintage Hills.
- Route 611 Ruby Hill/Amador Valley High/Pleasanton: WHEELS will extend service one block down from its current east-west path along Arbor Drive south to Bordeaux Street, in order to increase coverage for middle and high school students living in south Vintage Hills.
Hacienda employees and residents are eligible for free WHEELS passes. In order to qualify for a pass, you need to be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona. Bus passes entitle the bearer to a free ride to and from work, or to and from home for residents, on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses and residents to the respective stations. WHEELS I-680 express bus service provides a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Passes may be ordered at: www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_pass.html.
Additional information on new WHEELS routes and schedules is available at: www.wheelsbus.com/preview/preview.html. You may also utilize the contact information found below for additional details.
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 455-7558 phone (925) 443-1375 fax email@example.com e-mail www.wheelsbus.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW