WHEELS SERVICE CHANGES
The Livermore/Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of WHEELS, is instituting a number of service modifications which will commence on Tuesday, January 1, 2008. A number of changes to routes and schedules will be occurring within Hacienda.
A summary of changes follows. New schedules will be available two weeks prior to the service change at the Livermore Transit Center, on all WHEELS buses, on the WHEELS website or through the contacts provided below.
Hacienda Service Modifications
- All Dublin/Pleasanton BART Routes All Wheels routes serving the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station have received time adjustments to allow more transfer time both for bus-to-train and train-to-bus connection while construction of the West Dublin BART station is underway.
- Route 1C The afternoon 1C schedule has been adjusted in order to restore 15-minute frequency between BART and the CarrAmerica office complex in Hacienda. All 1C trips will now depart the BART station at :24 and :54 minutes past the hour, both in the morning and in the afternoon.
- Route 10 Evening frequencies are being rearranged to coincide with the new higher BART evening frequency on BART’s Dublin line. Service on Route 10 will operate consistently every 30 minutes after the PM peak period ends (approximately 8PM to midnight). Nearly all these trips will serve East Avenue as well. The adjustment applies seven days a week.
- Route 8 The directional loop of the 2:39 PM trip on Route 8 has been reversed to better serve students traveling between Pleasanton Middle School and Del Prado Park at the main PM bell time. This trip will depart across the street from the school on northbound Case Avenue (at the Ridgeview Commons stop) at 3:09 PM, arriving at Del Prado Park at 3:18 PM.
- Route 11 Service has been modified to serve the Gardella Plaza residential area in central Livermore. The extended alignment will operate on both outbound and inbound trips. Passengers currently using bus stops on the portion of First Street that is between Scott Street and Portola Avenue will need to access this route on one of the side streets that the new alignment will serve. Note: This change will take effect on January 8, 2008.
- Route 12 Service has been adjusted to travel clockwise in the vicinity of Las Positas College. Routing entering the College is unchanged but upon exiting, the bus will return to North Canyons Parkway via Campus Hill Drive in order to serve the new Montage residential development. Please note that service will be reduced to hourly after approximately 7:30 PM, but will continue longer into the evening, with the last eastbound bus departing Las Positas College at 10:42 PM and the last westbound bus departing at 10:48 PM.
- Route 20 Service has been extended to serve the Livermore Transit Center and the Airway Boulevard BART park-and-ride lot in the commute direction (westbound in the morning and eastbound in the afternoon) on its way to/from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. The new limited-stop alignment will provide more trip options for travel between the Transit Center and BART. Most of the previous route along Mines Road will remain in place; however, the Knott Park area will no longer be directly served. Current passengers using the service to travel eastbound in the morning and westbound in the afternoon will not be affected by this change.
Hacienda employees and residents are eligible for free WHEELS passes. In order to qualify for a pass, you need to be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona. Bus passes entitle the bearer to a free ride to and from work, or to and from home for residents, on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses and residents to the respective stations. WHEELS Route 70X is an express bus providing a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Passes may be ordered at: www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_pass.html.
Additional information on new WHEELS routes and schedules is available at: www.wheelsbus.com/preview/preview.html. You may also utilize the contact information found below for additional details.
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 455-7558 phone (925) 443-1375 fax email@example.com e-mail www.wheelsbus.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW