NEW WHEELS SERVICES TO COMMENCE
The Livermore/Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of WHEELS, is instituting a series of service modifications which will commence on Saturday, August 23, 2008. A number of changes to routes and schedules will be occurring throughout the bus system.
A summary of changes follows. New Wheels Transit Guides will be available on August 15th at the Livermore Transit Center, on all WHEELS buses, on the WHEELS website or through the contacts provided below.
- Route 12 The "V" trips of the Route 12 will now serve the Rutan/Rickenbacker loop, similar to the "regular" trips of the weekday 12 schedule.
- Route 16 The Route 16 schedule has been adjusted to accommodate new school bell times. The new schedule provides three trips in the morning and three trips in the afternoon. An early evening trip is now provided for return commute purposes.
- Route 18 The Route 18 schedule has been adjusted to accommodate new school bell times. Ravenswood Park will now be served three times in the morning and three times in the afternoon.
- Route 55 This new route is primarily geared toward connecting four senior living facilities in Livermore with the Downtown Transit Center, for connections to/from other Wheels routes. The route will operate Monday through Friday from the Transit Center, serving Arbor Vista, Vineyard Village, Hillcrest Gardens, Vandenburgh Villa and the Veterans Administration Hospital. The four senior living facilities will be served twice in the morning and twice in the midday while the VA Hospital will be served once in the morning and once in the midday. The route will not make intermediate stops at locations other than those outlined above.
- Route 202 The Route 202 has been extended to serve Dublin Ranch Villages, in a clockwise loop around Central Parkway, Keegan Street, and eastern Dublin Boulevard. All locations currently covered by this route will continue to be served, but in the afternoon, the overflow bus will not travel to the northern part of Dublin Ranch.
- Route 602 The Route 602 has been extended to serve Parkside and Valley Trails, in addition to Del Prado Park. In the morning, all neighborhoods will be served by one bus; in the afternoon, all three buses departing Foothill High School will travel to Case Avenue via Valley Avenue, with one bus providing direct service to Parkside Drive, one bus providing direct service to Valley Trails, and one bus providing direct service to Del Prado Park. All three buses will continue as Route 601 to Ruby Hill.
- Route 613 Amador Valley High School Route 611 has been split into two routes: the Route 611 serving Vintage Hills and a new route 613 serving Ruby Hill. The 611 will no longer travel to Ruby Hill.
- Minor time adjustments have also been made to several schedules, including Routes 11, 20, 70, 601, 603, 604, 607, 609 and 610.
Hacienda employees and residents are eligible for free WHEELS passes. In order to qualify for a pass, you need to be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona. Bus passes entitle the bearer to free rides on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses and residents to the respective stations. WHEELS 70X bus provides express bus service for people commuting between Hacienda and Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Passes may be ordered at: www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_pass.html.
Additional information on new WHEELS routes and schedules is available. Please use the contact information found below for additional details.
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 455-7558 phone (925) 443-1375 fax email@example.com e-mail www.wheelsbus.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW