JOIN IN BUILDING A DISASTER RESILIENT BAY AREA
The Bay Area Council would like to invite you to the Bay Area Regional Disaster Resilience Initiative Kickoff Workshop on November 1st. The Bay Area Council is a co-organizer of the event, which will touch on a wide variety of important issues that would face our region in the event of a major disaster, including the transition from disaster response to recovery, temporary housing, and keeping our region’s economy afloat in the wake of a disaster.
About the Workshop
The Workshop is the first event of a broad coalition of Bay Area public, private sector, and non-profit organizations and associations to develop an action plan of activities focusing on recovery from a major earthquake or disaster to help build a resilient Bay Area. The Workshop will engage Bay Area stakeholder organizations to discuss and provide input on several high-priority issues and what needs to be done to enhance Bay Area disaster recovery capabilities:
- Transitioning from response to recovery
- Lessons learned from recent disasters
- Long-term housing for displaced individuals and rebuilding housing
- Assuring the Bay Area remains in business
- Financing actions to speed recovery and improve resilience
The Bay Area Regional Disaster ResilienceInitiative Kickoff Workshop is free of charge and is being held on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the NASA Research Park, Moffett Field. Complete information on the workshop, an agenda and registration information can be found at: http://quake.abag.ca.gov/resilience/.
Additional information on the event is available. For details, please refer to the Bay Area Council contact below.
Bay Area Council
201 California Street, Suite 1450, San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 946-8714 phone (415) 981-6408 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.bayareacouncil.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW