THE GREAT CALIFORNIA SHAKEOUT
Get ready to ShakeOut! The largest earthquake drill ever has been scheduled for Thursday, October 18, 2012.
Drop! Cover! Hold On!
At 10:18 a.m. on October 18, 2012, millions of Californians will "Drop, Cover, and Hold On" in The Great California ShakeOut. All businesses are encouraged to participate in the drill, or plan a more extensive exercise, at 10:18 a.m. on 10/18 (or, if October 18th does not work, drills can be held anytime within two weeks of October 18th). ShakeOut is an important chance to get prepared and practice personal protection in the event of an earthquake. As a registered ShakeOut participant you will: learn what you can do to get prepared; be counted in the largest earthquake drill ever; receive ShakeOut news and other earthquake information; and set an example that motivates others to participate.
How to Participate
Here are a few suggestion for what businesses can do to participate in the ShakeOut. More information and resources can be found at www.ShakeOut.org/businesses.
- Plan Your Drill:
- Register at www.ShakeOut.org/register to be counted in the ShakeOut Drill, get email updates, and more.
- Have a "Drop, Cover, and Hold On" drill at 10:18 a.m. on October 18th. You can also exercise other aspects of your emergency plan.
- Discuss what you learned and make improvements.
- Get Prepared for Earthquakes:
- Check your emergency supplies and equipment; make sure they are accessible and functional.
- Ask departments to inspect facilities for items that might fall and cause injury and secure them.
- Encourage employees to prepare at home.
- Provide first aid and response training for staff.
- Share the ShakeOut:
- Encourage employees to ask their friends, families and neighbors to register.
- Ask colleagues at other businesses to participate.
- Get posters, flyers, and other materials for promoting the ShakeOut at www.ShakeOut.org/resources.
- Share your experience at www.shakeout.org/drill.
Additional information on this program is available. Please refer to the Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department contact below for details.
Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department
3560 Nevada Street, Pleasanton, California 94566
(925) 454-2317 phone firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.lpfire.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW