UPCOMING 511 INFORMATIONAL EVENTS
Two great opportunities are being made available to assist employers with programs that can help save their employees both time and money on their commute. Learn all about the commuter tax benefit at an upcoming webinar and how to market the benefits of a good commuting program at an upcoming workshop.
Commuter Tax Benefit Program Webinar
511 invites you to attend an upcoming webinar on Commuter Tax Benefits: A Guide to the What, Why, and How For Employers and Transportation Professionals. The webinar is offered through 511 and will provide a thorough review of the commuter tax benefit program as authorized by Internal Revenue Code Section 132(f), "Qualified Transportation Fringe."
Webinar Information The Commuter Tax Benefits: A Guide to the What, Why, and How For Employers and Transportation Professionals webinar is being held on Thursday, March 28th at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Presenter, Larry Filler is the Director for the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region for UrbanTrans North America and has over 30 years experience in public transit, commuter benefits, transportation demand management (TDM) and organization development. He is responsible for creating the commuter tax benefit industry that is used across the country.
- Attendees will be taken through a brief history of this tax provision explaining, for example, the reasons for the disparity between transit/vanpooling and commuter parking benefit limits.
- The Webinar will provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the tax law, associated key IRS guidelines and the interaction with other transportation benefits.
- Attendees will learn about implementation options using sample tax calculations and types of benefit products, and hear best practices for employers in implementing the program.
- Benefit program options in the San Francisco Bay Area will be reviewed, including the Clipper Direct Program.
- Finally, the Webinar will include information on recent developments in the use of transit benefits in light of the new types of fare collection systems and electronic products.
Registration Please register for the Commuter Tax Benefits: A Guide to the What, Why, and How For Employers and Transportation Professionals webinar online at
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6024542315808947968. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
511 Marketing Workshop
511 is also hosting two upcoming workshops focusing on alternative commuting. Discover simple and effective marketing tactics designed to change the way your employees get to work.
Breaking Bad Behaviors Participate in an inspiring and interactive workshop focusing on employer-engagement, outreach and creative marketing to inspire sustainable transportation in your employees. Learn how companies all over North America are tackling commuter transportation programs through fun and engaging marketing tactics. The meetings will be facilitated by Aaron Gaul Director of Marketing of UrbanTrans North America; an international firm aimed to change travel behavior to sustainable modes and a 511.org partner. Meeting dates and locations:
Wednesday, April 3rd - 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Oakland Chamber of Commerce
475 14th Street, #100, Oakland
Thursday, April 4th - 8:30 am - 11:00 am
1345 Crossman Avenue, Building 7 - South Street Seaport Conference Room, Sunnyvale
Registration You can register for the event at: https://rideshare.511.org/survey/BBB/. RSVP's are being requested by March 29th. A light breakfast will be provided for attendees.
Additional information is available on the webinar and workshops as well as the many programs and services offered by 511. Please refer to the 511 Rideshare Program contact below for details.
511 Regional Rideshare Program
70 Washington Street, Suite 407, Oakland, California 94607
(510) 273-3610 phone (510) 893-2029 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.511.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW