GREAT RACE FOR CLEAN AIR
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District and the Tri-Valley Air Quality Resource Team present the Great Race for Clean Air 2014. Be a part of the challenge to make a difference in the Bay Area. The Great Race for Clean Air is a friendly competition between Bay Area employers to encourage the use of commute alternatives such as transit, carpooling, vanpooling, walking and bicycling, rather than driving solo to work, to help reduce greenhouse gases and smog levels in the Bay Area.
The Great Race
The Great Race for Clean Air will run from March 1st through April 30th and is a great opportunity for employers to show concern for their employees and the environment. Participation in the challenge is simple:
- Register at http://www.sparetheair.org/Get-Involved/Great-Race-for-Clean-Air.aspx
- Once registered, employers will receive a welcome packet to promote the Great Race for Clean Air within your organization.
- During March and April employees will record their daily commute activity online. All participating employees will be eligible for weekly prize drawings.
- At the conclusion of the event, participating employers and employees will be awarded based on their efforts to reduce CO2 emissions.
Once the data has been collected at the conclusion of the Great Race for Clean Air, winners will be announced in several categories. One employer will be recognized for highest CO2 savings overall and one employer with the highest average of “clean commute” days logged per participant using the online tracking system will be recognized. In addition, employers will be recognized for achieving the highest rate of employee participation, with a minimum employee participation level of 5%, based on company size. One individual per county will also be recognized in the following categories: highest number of “clean commute" days and highest CO2 savings.
Additional information is available about the Great Race for Clean Air. For details, please refer to the Hacienda Owners Association information below. For information on the Tri-Valley Air Quality Resource Team, please refer to the Community Focus representative below.
1440 Broadway, Suite 714, Oakland, California 94612
(510) 763-2500 x1 phone (510) 763-2507 fax email@example.com e-mail www.sparetheair.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW