Published January 16, 2015
GUARANTEED RIDE HOME PROGRAM
Hacienda employees and residents have a number of special offers available to them that support a wide variety of commutes. The Guaranteed Ride Home program is one of these that makes sure that catching a bus, train or bike ride to work is kept easy and worry-free. This county-wide program, provided through Alameda County Transportation Commission, offers free rides home in an emergency so that people using alternate modes of transportation, other than driving alone, have a safety net when needed.
Guaranteed Ride Home
The Alameda County Guaranteed Ride Home program does just what it says. It guarantees you a free ride home from work if you have an emergency and you have made the effort to avoid commuting alone in your car. You can feel comfortable taking the bus, train, or ferry, carpooling, vanpooling, walking, or bicycling to work, knowing that you will have a ride home in case of illness, family crisis, unscheduled overtime, or a missed rideshare trip.
All permanent full-time and permanent part-time employees who are employed within Alameda County and live within 125 miles of their worksite are eligible for this free program on days that they do not drive alone to work. Participants do not have to live in Alameda County to be eligible. However, participants must register, before using the program, at www.grh.alamedactc.org/register/. People enrolled in the program, including Hacienda employees, and residents who work in Alameda County, may then take a taxi or get a rental car if they got to work other than driving alone and find themselves in need of emergency commute assistance.
Simple Reimbursement for Guaranteed Rides
The Guaranteed Ride Home program operates on a simple reimbursement basis. Here is how it works:
- Pay for your ride (such as taxi or rental car) and retain a receipt.
- Within 30 days, submit a copy of your receipt by uploading it on the Guaranteed Ride Home website or by mailing it to the Guaranteed Ride Home office (see contact information below).
- Within 30 days of receiving your receipt, the program will reimburse you for your ride as long it meets all program requirements.
Additional information relating to the program is available. For details, please refer to the Guaranteed Ride Home contact below.
Alameda County Guaranteed Ride Home Program
c/o Nelson Nygaard
116 New Montgomery Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, California 94105
(510) 433-0320 phone (415) 284-1554 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.grh.alamedactc.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 330, Pleasanton, California 94588-2738
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW