PLEASANTON GREEN SCENE FAIR
Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton are hosting the second annual Pleasanton Green Scene Fair. Special sponsorship support is provided by Safeway, The Tech Museum, SunPower, Greenworks, PG&E and Custom Exteriors. Come find out how easy it is to adopt simple practices to help create a sustainable lifestyle.
Event Date and Location
The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair is being held on Thursday, October 6, 2011 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm at the CarrAmerica Conference Center located at 4400 Rosewood Drive in Hacienda. The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair has been specifically designed to make it convenient for nearby employees and residents to attend. Jointly hosted by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton, the event will feature over 75 exhibitors specializing in green practices, products and services in six main categories: Air, Water, Waste, Energy, Commuting and Transportation, and Healthy Homes and Healthy Living.
The fair will allow you to visit local green and sustainable businesses and organizations who will provide information on energy efficiency, alternative commute options, water conservation, recycling, and locally-sourced produce. These companies and non-profits are dedicated to saving you money while helping you reduce your energy usage, conserve water, recycle everyday waste, find alternatives to individual commuting, and provide access to local, organic fruits and vegetables. Attendees can learn about green strategies for everything from installing solar panels to eco-landscaping. Organic food, sustainable clothing and gift products will also be available for purchase at the event.
In addition to green products and services, the onsite food vendor will be on hand mixing the art of good food with sustainable dining practices. A tasty lunch selection will be available for purchase from The Cafe at CarrAmerica. The Cafe at CarrAmerica's menu for the fair will feature sustainable BBQ chicken with 3 different BBQ sauces and a variety of organic and sustainable sides. The Cafe will also feature a Mexican station serving sustainable fish tacos with two organic sides, all for sale to the public.
A treasure hunt and raffle of green-related prizes will add fun and entertainment to the day's festivities. Attendees simply visit exhibitors and sponsors and get their Treasure Map initialed by the booth, provide their contact information and drop the map in the raffle box. Prizes include: gift cards for exhibitors businesses and local attractions, movie tickets, gift baskets, wine and safety kits. Here is a sample of companies who will be exhibiting at the Green Scene Fair:
- Transportation: Hop on Segway's upright personal transporter and take it for a spin (www.siliconsegway.com); test drive an electric bicycle from ELV Motors (www.elvmotors.com); see the display of the latest in all-electric automobiles featuring the Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt and the Tesla Roadster; and learn about ridesharing with 511 Rideshare (http://rideshare.511.org/) and many other organizations.
- Energy: Find out about solar electric systems from SunPower (www.Sunpowercorp.com) and Solar Universe (www.solaruniverse.com); experience day lighting systems without bulbs or wires from Sola-Brite (www.solabrite.com/index.asp); learn from certified green builders how to have an energy efficient, comfortable and healthy home (www.CBPCA.org) and learn all about the Energy Upgrade California Program, which offers up to $5,000 in rebates/incentives and additional tax credits.
- Water: Learn about how to replace your water hungry lawns with Smart Lawns (http://www.CBPCA.org); or how to design an eco-friendly yard (www.susanballinger.com); and discover the latest in high efficiency toilets & fixtures from Kohler (www.kohler.com).
- Food: Shop at the mini-farmers market and sample fresh, organic fruits and vegetables from local, sustainable farms that can be delivered to your home or office from local farms (www.terrabellafamilyfarm.com) and (www.farmfreshtoyou.com). Hacienda's new tenant, Nuubia Chocolats (http://nuubiachocolat.com) will be providing samples of its premier chocolate confections.
- Recycled materials: Discover great green products made from recycled items at Decorating Den (http://local.decoratingden.com/ttam/) and Rhonda Chase Design (http://rhondachasedesign.blogspot.com) using recycled materials to make jewelry.
Bring your electronic waste to the Green Scene Fair event for free safe and proper disposal courtesy of Mobius Computers, Corporate Electronic Waste Recyclers. E-waste items being accepted include: televisions, flat panels, monitors, computers, laptops, computer accessories, printers, hard drives, game consoles, DVDs, VCRs, telephones, cellphones, PDAs, digital cameras, radios and stereo components among other common household electronics. Companies can also inquire about Mobius drop off service for small items or pick-up at companies for large/multiple items. If you have any questions about recycling other e-waste not listed above or about corporate e-waste recycling, please contact Mobius Computers directly at (888) 876-0790 or email@example.com.
How to Get to the Event
The event is being held at the CarrAmerica Conference Center at 4400 Rosewood Drive in Pleasanton. The center can be accessed off of Rosewood Drive from Owens Drive or Santa Rita Road.
The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair is co-hosted by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton. Other major event support has been provided the CarrAmerica Conference Center.
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW