HACIENDA TASK FORCE
In late 2009, the City of Pleasanton acted to allow mixed use development on three Hacienda sites near the BART station. These sites, part of a core planning area that has been the focus of the park’s attention over the last several years, will now be the subject of a community process organized by the city.
Hacienda Task Force and Advisory Committee
Park landowners and Association representatives will be taking part on a Task Force along with other representatives of the nearby residential projects and interested community members. The Task Force is charged with creating planning recommendations for use by the City Council in their consideration of projects that will be brought forward on the recently rezoned sites. The Task Force will be supplemented with a separate Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee includes representatives from a number of outside groups and agencies who have expressed interest in contributing their insight and expertise into the planning process.
Task Force Composition
At their January 19th meeting, the Pleasanton City Council formally appointed the Task Force. The Task Force members are as follows:
- Councilmembers: Cheryl Cook-Kallio and Matt Sullivan
- Planning Commissioners: Jennifer Pearce and Kathy Narum
- Hacienda Property Representatives: Don Reber, John Steinbuch and Greg Canfield
- Hacienda Owners Association: James Paxson
- Council Appointees: George Hegarty, John Carroll, Ann Welsh, Robert Warnick and Anne Fox
- Residential Representatives: Chuck Berardi, Mickey Lefcourt, Steve Bursley, Robert Plemmons, Zaka Ashraf and Joel Wicks
- Pleasanton Unified School District: Valerie Arkin
Hacienda Task Force meetings are scheduled for the fourth Thursday of every month at 7 pm (with the exception of the first meeting and the November and December meetings which have been rescheduled to the third Thursday). The meetings will take place at the Thomas Hart Middle School Multi-Purpose Room except as noted:
- March 4, 2010 - Veterans Hall
- March 25, 2010 - THMS
- April 22, 2010 - THMS
- May 27, 2010 - TBD
- June 24, 2010 - THMS
- July 22, 2010 - TBD
- August 26, 2010 - TBD
- September 23, 2010 - THMS
- November 18, 2010 - THMS
- December 16, 2010 - THMS
A package of background information is available for the first meeting. The materials are available at the following location: http://tod.hacienda.org/SP/Meeting Materials_030410_TF.pdf. For reference, a schedule of future meeting topics is included as Attachment 2 to Item 3.
Additional information relating to Hacienda development and project news is available. Please refer to the contact below for details..
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW