Published January 21, 1997
Volume 5, Number 1
- The Aberdeen Group, a Boston-based technology analysis firm, has concluded that Documentum will lead the way in managing content over the Internet and corporate intranets. According to the group's published report, "Document management will be among the most crucial competitive-advantage applications implemented in corporations. Documentum will take a leadership role in that market and be a standard setter for melding traditional and new document management technologies."
- In other news at Documentum, Mark Garrett has been named vice president and chief financial officer. Prior to joining Documentum, Mr. Garrett was vice president of worldwide corporate financial planning and analysis at Cadence Design Systems and also worked for IBM.
- American Qualified Plans kicks off a nationwide series of seminars on Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) on March 20 here in Pleasanton. The seminars will provide a forum for discussion and exchange of new ideas regarding the tax and operational advantages of ESOPs. For more information, contact Gordon Storjohann at (510) 734-0288.
- OOCL was recognized as the 24th largest foreign owned company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times. OOCL, an international shipping company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Orient Overseas International Ltd., which is based in Hong Kong.
- McWhorter's is donating over $134,000 to 664 local schools through their Back-to-School Fundraiser. The money has been raised through a program which allows back-to-school shoppers to donate ten percent of their purchases to a school of their choice.
- Individual Software has introduced RetireReady Deluxe, a comprehensive retirement guide and planner. The software contains in-depth savings and income analysis tools, interactive workshops which cover everything from long-term care to Social Security, and a web site for users with links to retirement resources.
Also in this issue ...