Published April 21, 1997
Volume 5, Number 4
- Remedy Corp. will occupy 5924 Stoneridge Drive, the 47,066 square foot building that was formerly corporate headquarters for Viacom. According to Bill Cote, vice president of customer services, Remedy's tech support training teams, sales teams, and operations group will be the main occupants of the building. "We've got more growth across the board," says Cote. Remedy also leases 30,000 square feet at 5890 Stoneridge Drive.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Dillingham Construction helped play Easter Bunny to the children at Kaleidoscope Activity Center, an after school and summer recreation and skill training program for developmentally disabled youth. In addition to 60 Easter baskets, Dillingham employee contributions helped purchase a storage shed, a camera, and sports equipment for the group.
- SkillSet Software, Inc., the fastest growing provider of Lotus Notes-based software for human resource hiring processes, has named Steven J. Weinberg vice president of sales and marketing. Weinberg previously held the position of vice president and general manager for the central region of Dun & Bradstreet Software in Atlanta, Georgia. Weinberg will be responsible for all sales and marketing operations for the company's five domestic offices.
- PeopleSoft, Inc., has been presented with a Texas Instruments 1996 Supplier Excellence Award. The award, given annually, honors firms whose dedication to quality and service meet TI's high standards. Recipients are an elite group of suppliers representing less than one-half of one percent of TI's suppliers.
- PictureTalk will transmit imagery and chat sessions on the Internet from the Hollywood Charity Horse Show Reining Royale, hosted by William Shatner, on the evening of April 26. The show that evening will feature a celebrity barbecue, and events in which Hollywood luminaries will compete against each other for prizes. For more information, see the PictureTalk web site.
Also in this issue ...