Published June 16, 1997
Volume 5, Number 6
- BART reports that Monday, May 12 saw record patronage for a first commute day at a new BART station, with 7,261 entrances and exits at the Dublin-Pleasanton station. For more BART and Hacienda commute information, including applications for free WHEELS passes for Hacienda employees, call the Transportation Hotline at 734-6551.
- Robert Half International Inc. reported record revenues and earnings for the quarter ended March 31. Net income was $19.9 million on revenues of $283 million for the quarter, up $6.7 million and $86.7 million, respectively.
- Pacific Bell Mobile Services has announced plans to create hundreds of jobs in the Bay Area in the coming months. The new hirings are anticipated as the company seeks to complete the regional infrastructure for its PCS (personal communications services) wireless communication network.
- Paychex, Inc. stockholders enjoyed a 3-for-2 stock split on May 29, 1997. Tom Golisano, chairman and chief executive officer, said "Our third 3-for-2 stock split in the past three years is based upon our excellent growth during this period and our positive outlook for the future."
- PeopleSoft Inc. has licensed PeopleSoft enterprise application suites to the Transamerica Corporation and Mutual of Omaha. Over 30 insurance companies have licensed PeopleSoft's software in the past seven months, joining 71 insurance companies including John Hancock and Metropolitan Life that are current PeopleSoft customers.
- Remedy Corporation is shipping a new version of Flashboards, its application to manage service levels for internal operations. The new release, version 1.2, gives users more rapid access to the status of key data, and helps administrators develop more robust applications that manage crucial information. Flashboards is a complementary product for Remedy's flagship application, the Action Request System, the industry's leading solution for automating internal help desks.
Also in this issue ...
- Film, Video Productions Crossing the Goal Line
- Livingston Brings Cycle Race to Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Hacienda Offers Web Hosting, Design for Tenants
- "Ask Cooking Light" Tour Brings Food, Recipes, More to Hacienda
- New Arby's Restaurant to Open June 30
- Civil Engineering Firm Expands to Hacienda
- Art League Seeks Exhibit Space