Published August 18, 1997
Volume 5, Number 8
BALIT Book Fair Coming to AT&T September 8
Bay Area Literacy (BALIT) is sponsoring a book fair to be held September 89 at the AT&T Center. The fair will feature new, hardcover books, including best-sellers, cookbooks, travel, and children's books at 40 to 70 percent discounts.
Supports BALIT Programs
Proceeds from the book fair will go to support BALIT's many educational programs.
"Our programs offer free tutoring in basic reading and writing skills to any adult," says BALIT's Bonnie Bjerre. "We are able to offer these services without cost because we train volunteers from the community to serve as a tutor for one adult."
In addition to tutoring, BALIT is also seeking volunteers for their fund-raising board, computer lab, public relations, or office help. For more information on the Book Fair or to become a volunteer, contact Bonnie Bjerre at (510) 253-8556.
Also in this issue ...
- SkillSet Software Expanding in Hacienda
- New Business Offers a Grape Escape
- Business Bits
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab Updates Vendor Database, Supplier Management Program
- Red Robin Burger & Spirits Emporium Opens September 1
- Tandy Service Offers Network, Computer Expertise
- AT&T Offers Worker Database to Employers
- BALIT Book Fair Coming to AT&T September 8-9
- Nellcor Sponsoring American Heart Walk