Published August 18, 1997
Volume 5, Number 8
Nellcor Sponsoring Heart Walk
Nellcor Puritan Bennett is among the companies sponsoring the American Heart Walk, the Ameri can Heart Association's largest and most popular annual event. This year, the local Heart Walk takes place on Saturday, September 20 at Central Park in San Ramon, along with four other walks in Septem ber at other East Bay locations.
"We're encouraging companies in Pleasanton, Livermore, and Dublin to come out in full force for the San Ramon walk," says Teri Rennia, division director of the American Heart Association.
Support Health Education
The walk raises funds to support the Heart Association's research into cardiovascular disease as well as local community education programs. The event itself will feature the 5K walk, food, music, health fairs, and much more.
For the second straight year, Nellcor Puritan Bennett is a sponsor of all five Bay Area Heart Walks.
"We've been a supporter of the event for the last three years," says Kathy Call, manager of investor relations at Nellcor. "We are a medical device company and we as well as the American Heart Associa tion are devoted to quality health care."
To participate in this year's Heart Walk, either as a corporate team or individually, contact Teri Rennia at (510) 632-9606. Sponsorship opportunities are also available for interested companies.
Also in this issue ...
- SkillSet Software Expanding in Hacienda
- New Business Offers a Grape Escape
- Business Bits
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab Updates Vendor Database, Supplier Management Program
- Red Robin Burger & Spirits Emporium Opens September 1
- Tandy Service Offers Network, Computer Expertise
- AT&T Offers Worker Database to Employers
- BALIT Book Fair Coming to AT&T September 8-9
- Nellcor Sponsoring American Heart Walk