Published November 17, 1997
Volume 5, Number 11
City Offers Unique Canvas Bags to Promote Shopping in Pleasanton
(This is the third of three articles contributed by the City of Pleasanton to highlight the value of business to the community.Editor)
What do you need? What do you want? From delicious specialty cuisine and luxury cars to contemporary gift shops and antique stores, you can find it in Pleasanton.
With 30 shopping centers and plazas and a dynamic downtown, Pleasanton offers a wonderful variety of goods and services. Here's a sampling:
- Stoneridge Mall boasts four major department stores as well as 148 specialty shops and services.
- If you are looking for some great "big box" discount stores, you can't beat Metro 580 which has books, computers, and household goods.
- At Pleasanton Square you will find do-it-yourself home supplies, furniture, gift and interior stores, cellular phones, and a handy copy shop.
- Visit Rose Pavilion and catch a movie, break bread at a variety of restaurants, shop for furni ture, buy a CD, pick up a prescription and more.
In fact, there is much, much more all over town. In Pleasanton, you are never far from great shopping. Explore all the possibilities along Hopyard Road, Santa Rita Road, Sunol Boulevard, Stanley Boulevard, within Hacienda, and within an easy walk or bike ride of most neighborhoods.
Pleasanton's historical downtown is a special shopping place where people love to gather. Every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., the Farmer's Market is alive with the chatter of buyers and sellers, new friends and old. The booths are full of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, flowers, specialty foods, and baked goods. Daily you can enjoy such variety: sip freshly brewed coffee; eat at fine restaurants; rent formal wear; and buy antiques, art, and jewelry. You'll find a hotel and a hard ware store that have been in business over 100 years, a men's shop with walking canes, and a store that sells stone garden furnishings. And, you can purchase clothing for the whole family downtown, including western wear, children's clothes, and women's specialty apparel.
With all this great shopping, you may have trouble toting all of your goods home. To help you, the City of Pleasanton is selling at cost a unique, colorful cloth bag that declares, "Good Shopping Pleasanton." Hiding in your bag, you will find 59 discount coupons contributed by Pleasanton businesses, a shopping list, and a pen to help you prepare for the holidays. You can purchase your bag at City Hall, the Chamber of Commerce, or the Pleasanton Downtown Association for just $10, while supplies last. Then, go forth and enjoy bountiful Pleasanton!
Also in this issue ...
- Gatan Arrival Brings Focus to Hacienda
- Wanted: Toy Testers—Duties Include Having Fun
- Business Bits
- Hacienda, Other Area Parks to Participate in Holiday Food Drive
- Pleasanton Partnerships in Education Popular with Area CEO's
- Office Furniture Ergonomics a Key Component, Says Space Designs
- City Offers Unique Canvas Bags to Promote Shopping in Pleasanton