Published February 17, 1998
Volume 6, Number 2
- Robert Half International Inc. reported record revenues and earnings for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 1997. Net income was $26.9 million on revenues of $368.5 million, up from $17.7 million and $258.8 million, respectively, in the same quarter last year.
The company showed similar increases for the year. Net income was $93.7 million on revenues of $1.3 billion, compared to $61.1 million and $898.6 million in 1996.
- Kvaerner Process, a world leader in technology-based design, engineering, construction, and project management services, will purchase several thousand Documentum Enterprise Document Management System (EDMS) licenses as they adopt the new technology. Total value of the purchase is over $1.6 million.
- Vanstar has been selected by Paramount Pictures to fulfill a 3-year managed services contract. Vanstar plans to provide Paramount with services that include PC procurement, asset management, 24-hour help desk support, and more. These services will support more than 2,200 end users on the Hollywood lot and 20 remote locations.
- The Boeing Company will standardize and streamline its human resources, payroll, and benefits administration processes using a number of PeopleSoft Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) applications. "Boeing's choice of PeopleSoft further demonstrates our ability to serve the strategic software needs for the world's largest companies," says Al Duffield, senior vice president of worldwide operations for PeopleSoft.
- ProBusiness Services, Inc., has announced a strategic partnership with PDS, a leading developer of HRMS software. The partnership will allow the two companies to provide an off-the-shelf, seamless interface from PDS' HRMS to ProBusiness's PowerTax software.
Also in this issue ...
- ACE to Ride the Rails Starting in May
- Health Care Training Consortium Opens Annex
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Chris D. Kinzel, P.E.
- Hacienda Child Development Center a Haven for Kids
- Junior Achievement Gets Straight A's from Students, Volunteers Alike
- Food Bank Hosts Awards Ceremony February 26
- Chevys Fresh Mex Run Comes to Hacienda March 28
- Enjoy Local Culinary Delights at Volunteer Center's Taste of the Valley
- Hacienda Index