Published March 16, 1998
Volume 6, Number 3
Guaranteed Ride Home Program to Benefit Park Commuters
Early next month, employers at Hacienda may participate in a demonstration Guaranteed Ride Home Program. The demonstration program is being sponsored by the Alameda County Congestion Management Agency (CMA) for Alameda County employers and employees with funds from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
The program is free to the employers and helps motivate employees to leave their cars at home by providing them with a guarantee that they will not be stranded in an emergency. Plus, it is an extra incentive to encourage those who already rideshare, ride transit, bicycle or walk to work.
If they used a commute alternative that day, an employee participating in the program may use a Guaranteed Ride Home under a variety of circumstances, including illness, family crisis, working unscheduled overtime, and more.
Both employers and employees will register as participants in the program. Look for more information in next month's issue of Hacienda Network.
Also in this issue ...
- Roche to Expand in Park After Acquisition
- Callahan Property Celebrates 20 Years of Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Tom Sinton of ProBusiness
- Extended Stay Specialists Sierra Suites Adds an Additional Option to Hacienda's Hotel Menu
- Researchers Seek Participants for First U.S. "Smart Car Linking" Study
- Borders Books Offering Corporate Discounts, New Lunchtime Workshops
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program to Benefit Park Commuters
- Hacienda Index