Published May 19, 1998
Volume 6, Number 5
- Transdyn Controls, Inc., has been awarded a $7.9 million contract by the Ohio Department of Transportation to build and support an Advanced Traffic Management System for Interstate 71 through Columbus, Ohio. The system will monitor traffic flow, automatically and visually detect freeway incidents, manage incident responses, and meter ramp access allowing optimized traffic flow, reduced accident clearance time, and improved public safety.
- Richard Sampson & Associates, a construction management firm, was featured in the April issue of the national magazine American Libraries. The company's most recent project, the Burlingame Public Library, was chosen for the cover photograph. The accompanying article described the renovation and expansion of the historic library, originally built in the 1930s, and how the team completed the project on time and under budget.
- PeopleSoft, Documentum, and three other area companies are sponsoring three consecutive Analyst/Investor Days on May 26-28. The event kicks off with a reception at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and includes a bay cruise. See www.peoplesoft.com for more information.
- ProBusiness Services, Inc., has introduced View PayChecks, the premier product of its OnLine Suite of employee self-services applications. The product offers employees the ability to view their current and historical paychecks, taxes, deductions, stock options, benefit plan contributions, and more, all via a standard Web browser.
- HMH, Inc., a civil engineering, planning, and surveying firm, has appointed Thomas Armstrong, Michael Morsilli, and David Wilson as vice presidents. The firm has provided consulting services for major land development and public infrastructure projects since 1976.
Also in this issue ...
- Shaklee to Break Ground on Campus May 28
- Alliance Semiconductor Opens New Design Annex
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Kevin Keller, ESQ Business Services
- Jamba Juice to Open in Hacienda in Mid-June
- City Transportation Survey to be Used for Planning I-680 Express Bus, More
- Everybody's Discovering Gold at the Alameda County Fair
- Support the Arts with Classical Philharmonic's Beer, Wine and Pops
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Coming to Hacienda
- Summer's Coming—Time to Spare the Air
- Wheels of Thunder Bike Races come to Park June 6
- Hacienda Index