Published May 19, 1998
Volume 6, Number 5
Support the Arts at Classical Philharmonic's "Beer, Wine, and Pops"
Denizens of the Tri-Valley will have an opportunity to indulge their good taste at the Classical Philharmonic's "Beer, Wine and Pops" festival on Wednesday, June 17, from 5:30 to 10:00 p.m. at the Pleasanton Hilton.
The event features a wine and beer tasting, live and silent auctions, and a pops concert by Maestro Lawrence Kohl and the Classical Philharmonic chamber orchestra. More than 500 people are expected to attend.
"This year's Beer, Wine, and Pops promises to be bigger and better than ever before," says Terri Shomenta, the event's co-chair.
The gala will help raise funds for the orchestra's ninth season. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
Tickle Your Taste Buds
At 5:30, the evening begins with beer and wine tasting, along with several varieties of light fare served on the terrace at the Hilton.
One feature will be the introduction of Tiger Beer to the Bay Area. This new arrival will be available for the tasting along with other local beers and wines.
The silent auction takes place at this time as well. To date, over 100 different items have been donated for the auction.
The pops concert begins at 8:00, along with more beer and wine tasting, desserts, and the live auction. This auction will offer items including weekend getaways, golf excursions, tickets to theatrical and sporting events, and even a handmade quilt.
The Classical Philharmonic is offering a number of sponsorship opportunities in connection with Beer, Wine and Pops.
Three different levels are available: one position as title sponsor, three major sponsors, and three supporting sponsors.
Participating companies receive benefits including banner and display space at the event, inclusion in press and promotional materials, and complimentary tickets.
For information on becoming a sponsor, contact event chair Terri Shomenta at (415) 284-1029, extension 218.
Also in this issue ...
- Shaklee to Break Ground on Campus May 28
- Alliance Semiconductor Opens New Design Annex
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Kevin Keller, ESQ Business Services
- Jamba Juice to Open in Hacienda in Mid-June
- City Transportation Survey to be Used for Planning I-680 Express Bus, More
- Everybody's Discovering Gold at the Alameda County Fair
- Support the Arts with Classical Philharmonic's Beer, Wine and Pops
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Coming to Hacienda
- Summer's Coming—Time to Spare the Air
- Wheels of Thunder Bike Races come to Park June 6
- Hacienda Index