Published May 19, 1998
Volume 6, Number 5
Wheels of Thunder Bike Race Comes to Park Saturday, June 6
For the seventh consecutive year, Hacienda will be the site of Wheels of Thunder, the Northern California/Nevada State Criterium Championship bicycle races. The event, which is sponsored by the Northern California spoke of the International Christian Cycling Club (ICCC), will take place on Saturday, June 6, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The race course will consist of a circuit around Willow Road, Stoneridge Drive, Hacienda Drive, and Gibraltar Drive (North), which are the same areas used in last year's criterium. All businesses will remain accessible during the event.
Over a dozen different races will be held in a variety of different categories. Five different races will be held in the Master Women Category, with cyclists competing in age groups from 30 to 50 and over. Other categories include three groups of Senior Men, two Masters groups, and the longest race of the day, a one-hour race featuring professional cyclists.
For more information, contact Gary Giem at (510) 803-2985.
Also in this issue ...
- Shaklee to Break Ground on Campus May 28
- Alliance Semiconductor Opens New Design Annex
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Kevin Keller, ESQ Business Services
- Jamba Juice to Open in Hacienda in Mid-June
- City Transportation Survey to be Used for Planning I-680 Express Bus, More
- Everybody's Discovering Gold at the Alameda County Fair
- Support the Arts with Classical Philharmonic's Beer, Wine and Pops
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Coming to Hacienda
- Summer's Coming—Time to Spare the Air
- Wheels of Thunder Bike Races come to Park June 6
- Hacienda Index