Published September 22, 1998
Volume 6, Number 9
- Nearly 80 percent of executives in an Accountemps survey said that the level of interaction between accounting and other areas of their organizations has increased over the last five years.
- "Accounting professionals are playing more active and visible roles throughout their companies as responsibilities shift from performing financial calculations to providing analysis and strategic advice," said Max Messmer, chairman of the Robert Half International subsidiary.
- Internet Week magazine has given a sterling review to the PortMaster 4, one of the flagship products of Lucent's Remote Access Business Unit (formerly Livingston Enterprises). "It's clearly the class leaderin fact, the PortMaster 4 may define an entirely new class," the review reads.
- Nellcor Puritan Bennett's NPB-3900 Series Multiparameter Monitors has received FDA clearance. The monitors promise the latest technology with customized monitoring of vital signs including including oxygen saturation, blood pressure, temperature and ECG.
- Resolute Software has released version 2.4 of the Resolute Application Performance System (RAPS), a performance and capacity management solution designed specifically for distributed applications. RAPS 2.4 offers new features including HP-UX agents, a Sybase database agent, automatic capacity assessment and reporting, and a Web browser interface.
- Kinko's, Inc. has selected ProBusiness to provide its payroll and payroll tax services. Kinko's is one of the largest chains of document production and business services stores in the world and employs approximately 24,000 people throughout the U.S.
Also in this issue ...
- Hacienda Companies Compete at TechFest
- Tickets Going Fast for ACE October 18 Debut
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Scott McKibben, ANG Newspapers
- Employers, Employees Using Transit Receive Tax Benefits Under TEA-21
- A Commuter's Guide to Hacienda
- PeopleSoft Volunteer Day Brings 13 Non-Profits to New Campus
- Business Community can "Make a Difference" October 24
- Hacienda Transportation Fair to Feature Information, Prizes
- California Rideshare Week Offers Commute to Tahiti
- Hacienda Index