Published December 22, 1998
Volume 6, Number 12
- An Accountemps survey indicates that 50 percent of chief financial officers cite their most important use of temporary employees is for short-term projects and peak workload periods. "Our offices have seen the use of temporary and contract employees shift from a last-minute measure to counter unexpected fluctuations in staff levels to a more proactive approach," says Max Messmer, chairman of Accountemps.
- Documentum has signed a license agreement with Volkswagen which will allow the automobile manufacturer to use the Documentum Enterprise Document Management System 98 (EDMS 98) as its worldwide corporate standard for all document, Web content and knowledge management applications. The first in a series of projects are currently underway at Volkswagen Financial Services AG, the legal and human resources department of Volkswagen AG and the research and development department of Audi AG.
- PeopleSoft has formed Momentum Business Applications, Inc., a research and development company designed to accelerate PeopleSoft's initiatives in critical areas including e-business, analytic applications, and industry-specific software products. "Momentum will allow PeopleSoft to more aggressively pursue strategic R&D opportunities," says Dave Duffield, PeopleSoft president and CEO.
- Individual Software has released Any Time Deluxe 6.0, an upgrade to its popular personal organizer program. The new product offers new synchronization with Palm hand-held organizers and other features.
- 3M has deployed SkillSet Software's Desktop Recruiter to streamline staffing functions and gain a strategic advantage in hiring. The company also selected SkillSet's SkillNet product for Internet recruiting.
Also in this issue ...
- ObjectStream Translates Between Worlds
- More a Coach and Mentor than Boss
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Dr. Pyare Khanna, Microgenics
- Lions Ticket Office is the Source for Tickets to Community Events, More
- Changes Abound for 680 Commuters with New Bus Service and 580/680 Construction
- County Connection Offers Another Option for Commuters
- Sponsors, Participants Sought for Journey of Hope Goodwill Challenge
- Hacienda Index