Published February 16, 1999
Volume 7, Number 2
Chevys Fresh Mex Run Returns to Hacienda on Sunday, April 11
Registration is open for this year's Chevys Fresh Mex Run, returning to Hacienda on Sunday, April 11.
The 1999 Fresh Mex Run will feature a certified 5K and 10K run, as well as a 5K walk and some special children's races. This will mark the event's third year in the park, with over 2,500 people participating in the first two years.
Several Hacienda streets will have individual lanes closed to accommodate participants, but all businesses in the park will be accessible. Police and/or volunteers will be stationed at all major intersections in the park to assist with any traffic issues.
The Chevys restaurant on Owens Drive will serve as race headquarters, as well as the start and end point of the races. Participants will receive a sombrero, a race t-shirt, and enjoy a Chevys buffet after the event. A mariachi band will be on hand to contribute to the atmosphere, billed as "the only nationwide travelling fiesta."
Other cities that will host Chevys Fresh Mex Runs this year include Phoenix, San Francisco, Portland, San Jose, and Sacramento.
There are several different ways to register for the event. Registration forms are available at the Hacienda Chevys at 5877 Owens Drive, with a fee of $18. Forms are also available on the World Wide Web, or by calling the race hotline at (800) 757-5275. Registration by mail costs $20 and forms must be postmarked by April 5. Finally, day-of-race registration is available onsite for $22. The Kiddie Run fee is just $5 and includes an event t-shirt.
Also in this issue ...
- Sprint PCS Continues Growth in Hacienda
- ValleyCare Health Libraries Coming to Park
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — John Wagner, EBTEL
- 1st United Services Credit Union Opens New Headquarters, Branch
- Pleasanton Parks and Recreation Department Offers a Variety of Leagues, Activities
- Commuters: Take a SMART Winter Break
- Thanks to All the Participants in the 1998 Holiday Food Drive
- Chevys Fresh Mex Run Returns to Hacienda on Sunday, April 11
- Hacienda Index