Published May 18, 1999
Volume 7, Number 5
- Sprint has awarded Lucent Technologies a new three-year contract worth at least $780 million to supply equipment and services for the next phase of Sprint PCS' nationwide wireless network development and expansion. The contract is in addition to the previously announced $2.5 billion in contracts between the two companies for the first two phases of Sprint PCS' roll-out of its nationwide wireless network.
- Dutra Realty Enterprises and Prudential California Realty have jointly announced a merger effective the last week of May. The action will form the largest real estate organization in the East Bay, with combined annual sales of $4.85 billion, 19,000 annual transactions, 103 offices, and 2,900 sales associates throughout Northern California.
- Computer Networks, Inc., has joined with nine other systems integrators nationwide with expertise in thin-client and server-based computing to form the Thin Client Organization (TCO). The TCO will strive to provide a leadership role in the marketplace that benefits customers through experience, volume, training, and focus. The group hopes to form partnerships with leading thin-client vendors.
- Peggy Post, great-granddaughter-in-law of etiquette expert Emily Post, has joined forces with Pacific Bell Wireless to recommend tips on proper wireless phone etiquette. "With options such as Caller ID, Voice Mail and vibrating batteries, it's easy to use a wireless phone and still be considerate of those around you," Post says. "You don't need to let the device dictate your behavior. You can enjoy the benefits of wireless without being rude."
- Remedy Corporation has partnered with e-commerce software developer PartNET to deliver real-time customized catalogs for Remedy's new electronic procurement application, Remedy Purchasing@Work.
Also in this issue ...
- Zantaz Creates the Electronic "Paper Trail"
- Culver Personnel is Selling in Sales
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Marian Stetson-Rodriguez, Charis Intercultural Training Corp.
- Spare the Air Program Kicks Off with Drill Day on June 10
- Pleasanton's Historic Heritage is Evident from Architecture, Landmarks, Place Names
- There's One More ¡Una Mas! for Mexican Food in Hacienda
- First Wednesday Street Parties Return to Downtown Pleasanton
- Wheels of Thunder Bike Races Take Place June 5
- Hacienda Index