Published May 18, 1999
Volume 7, Number 5
Wheels of Thunder Bike Races Take Place June 6
For the eighth consecutive year, Hacienda will host Wheels of Thunder, the Northern California/Nevada State Criterium Championship bicycle races. The event, which is sponsored by the Northern California spoke of the International Christian Cycling Club (ICCC), will take place on Saturday, June 5, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The race course is the same as that used last year. All businesses will remain accessible during the event.
Over a dozen different races will be held in a variety of different categories. Five different races will be held in the Master Women Category, with cyclists competing in age groups from 30 to 50 and over. Other categories include three groups of Senior Men, two Masters groups, and the longest race of the day, a one-hour race featuring professional cyclists.
Cyclists can register race day or prior to the event. For more information, contact Gary Giem at (925) 803-2985.
Also in this issue ...
- Zantaz Creates the Electronic "Paper Trail"
- Culver Personnel is Selling in Sales
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Marian Stetson-Rodriguez, Charis Intercultural Training Corp.
- Spare the Air Program Kicks Off with Drill Day on June 10
- Pleasanton's Historic Heritage is Evident from Architecture, Landmarks, Place Names
- There's One More ¡Una Mas! for Mexican Food in Hacienda
- First Wednesday Street Parties Return to Downtown Pleasanton
- Wheels of Thunder Bike Races Take Place June 5
- Hacienda Index