Published January 18, 2000
Volume 8, Number 1
- Paychex has has been named to Forbes Global's "A-List" of the best performing global companies. Out of the more than 1,200 companies evaluated, Paychex was one of 28 to top the list, and ranked number one on the Business Services list. The Forbes list is a profile of 400 publicly-traded companies.
- Individual Software Inc. has introduced Family Ties Deluxe Edition Version 6, a genealogy program that uses the power of the Internet to assist in researching family history while generating comprehensive pedigree charts, detailed reports and family trees.
- Sprint PCS and Amazon.com have announced the availability of online shopping at Amazon.com from Internet-ready Sprint PCS phones. The company is the first wireless provider to offer online shopping. Customers can take advantage of Amazon.com's popular Gift-Click and Personal Recommendations features, and can access best seller booklists.
- GTE has donated $100,000 for victims of the Venezuela flood disaster. The donation was given to the American Red Cross International Relief Fund to aid victims of the country's worst natural disaster this century. GTE manages CANTV, the telephone company in Venezuela.
- Sempra Energy has won a franchise to build and operate the largest new North American natural gas distribution system in the past 30 years. Total gas usage by customers on the new Nova Scotia, Canada system will be equivalent to that of nearly 1 million people.
- Metrocall, Inc. has announced "MyOnTheGoPortfolio," a highly-personalized financial information service powered by Strategy.com, the world's first Personal Intelligence Network. Strategy.com allows Metrocall to offer its nearly six million customers the ability to receive stock alerts, personalized portfolio summaries, and analyst recommendations via advanced messaging devices, word pagers, email or mobile phone.
- Pixion announced that Siebel Systems, Inc.will use Pixion's PictureTalk technology in Siebel's Front Office Applications. The distance learning solution allows customers to host live, interactive training sessions via the web. Siebel Systems has been using Pixion's web-based presentation software for a year to provide on-line sales staff training and can now offer its clients the same distance learning solution.
Also in this issue ...
- Hacienda's Foglight Acquired by Quest Software
- SBC a Haven for Executive Women
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Ernie Hughes, CarrAmerica Realty Corporation
- Pacific Bell Wireless Donates 10,000 PCS Phones to School Safety Program
- Hacienda Development Continues at a Rapid Rate Entering the New Century
- 25th Annual Campana Jazz Festival Coming in March
- PUSD Hosts Science Fun Fair 2000
- Businesses, Volunteers Support Junior Achievement
- Hacienda Index