Published February 22, 2000
Volume 8, Number 2
- PeopleSoft announced delivery of its PeopleTools 8 Internet architecture, the first server-centric development platform delivered by a major enterprise application company. It enables the rapid development, deployment, and cost effective management of PeopleSoft's next generation of eBusiness applications for Internet business-to-business transactions.
- The San Diego Ballpark Builders, a joint venture of Nielsen Dillingham Builders, a division of Dillingham Construction Co.; Clark Construction Group, Inc., and douglas e. barnhart, inc., has been selected as the general contractor for the downtown ballpark project. Nielsen Dillingham Builders was also the general contractor for the expansion and renovation of the city's Qualcomm Stadium for the 1998 Super Bowl.
- Remedy Corporation and Commerce One announced an alliance to integrate Remedy Purchasing@Work with Commerce One MarketSite, the U.S. portal for exchanging goods and services among businesses worldwide. By providing organizations with worldwide access to online procurement, the service reduces processing costs for procurement and offers users the widest array of options for online purchasing.
- EMC Corporation's EMC Clarion FC5700 storage array has been awarded Performance Computing Magazine's prestigious 1999 Outstanding Product of the Year award. The award recognizes products introduced during the year that are intended to support a wide range of business and industry applications.
- After winning the local award late last year, the CarrAmerica Corporate Center in Pleasanton has now been awarded the Regional Building Owners and Managers Association's Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Award. CarrAmerica Corporate Center was recognized for excellence in the suburban office park category and will advance to the international competition to be held in San Diego in June 2000.
- J. C. Penney has launched RealYou, a women's fashion and lifestyle magazine targeting working women aged 35 to 54. The magazine debuted this month with 65 pages of editorial on careers, finance, relationships, fashion, home decor and health. RealYou will be mailed to customers' homes and has a circulation of 4 million.
Also in this issue ...
- NetsWork is Making Connections
- eCoverage is On Call
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Russ Ostler, Daimler-Chrysler
- Jack Nadel, Inc., Shows that Marketing is Much More than Just Advertising
- Service Agencies and Service Clubs in the Tri-Valley
- SmartPool Makes it Easy for Would-Be Vanpoolers
- Looking for Fine Cuisine? Try a "Taste"
- One-Stop Career Center Hosts Local, State Services
- "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," Sings Quartet
- Hacienda Index