Published March 21, 2000
Volume 8, Number 3
- Sprint PCS and E-Compare Corporation announced the nationwide availability of E-Compare's online comparison shopping services on the Sprint PCS Wireless Web. Sprint PCS customers nationwide can compare products and prices in a wide variety of categories.
- A joint venture led by Transdyn Controls, Inc., has been awarded a $10.5 million contract by the City & County of San Francisco to furnish and install a state-of-the-art Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. The San Francisco Water Transmission and Distribution System supplies water to approximately 2.5 Million people in the San Francisco Bay Area, including wholesale supply of water to 33 cities located in Alameda, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties.
Transdyn also announced that it has been awarded a $5.9 million contract by the Delaware River and Bridge Authority to design and build a traffic management system on the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
- Pacific Bell Wireless has raised $125,000 to help fund development of the new Ronald McDonald House in Madera. The money was collected during a three-month promotion that gave away free PBW digital PCS phones with a new service subscription in exchange for a contribution to the charity. The donation was announced at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new facility.
- PeopleSoft is now a sponsor of Gary Nicklaus, the son of golf legend Jack Nicklaus. Gary, who first broke 80 at the age of 11, joined the PGA Tour this year. The PeopleSoft web site posts a schedule of the PGA Tour 2000 in which Gary is playing.
- Jamba Juice has launched Jamba Meals and Jamba Pretzels, a line of low-fat, all-natural soft pretzels in flavors of Traditional Bavarian, Apple Cinnamon and Sourdough Parmesan.
- SkillSet Software announced a partnership with Pre-employ.com, Inc. whereby the two companies will integrate their respective products and streamline the tasks involved in completing the online background screening and verification process. With a click, SkillSet customers may request a background check from Pre-employ.com, Inc. which will complete the screening process, generate a report of their findings, and send the results back to the customer within 2-48 hours on the average.
Also in this issue ...
- WingSpring Helps e-Commerce Fledglings
- It's Time to Stand Up and Be Counted
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Blake Evans, A Unique Affect
- Summit Bank is Helping Business Customers Rise to Financial Heights
- Hacienda Companies Find Healthy Employees Make for a Healthy Business
- RIDES Offers New Program for Businesses to Encourage Commute Alternatives
- Cadence Offers Project Management Seminar at a Discount for Hacienda Tenants
- Pleasanton Library Seeks Input on Business Services
- Thanks to Food Drive Participants
- Hacienda Index