Published June 20, 2000
Volume 8, Number 6
- PeopleSoft has won the Excellence Award for "Developing and Implementing Innovative Marketing and Branding Techniques" given by the Corporate University Xchange, a corporate education, research and consulting firm. The company received the award at the Worldwide Corporate Universities 2000 Symposium and Expo in Las Vegas.
- GTE's national literacy program, GTE Reads, has earned the prestigious Ron Brown Award for Corporate Leadership. The award, presented by President Clinton, recognizes organizations for outstanding achievements in employee and community relations. The award is named for the late U.S. Secretary.
- The foodconnex site will join the Commerce One Global Trading Web, a network of many open e-marketplaces running on the Commerce One MarketSite Portal Solution. To create a better e-commerce solution for manufacturers, distributors, retailers and operators in the food industry, foodconnex will provide a one-stop-shop for companies involved in the food industry, at levels from manufacture through purchase.
- An alliance between Hewlett-Packard Company and AT&T Broadband will allow customers to print directly from their television sets, as well as receive a new array of interactive entertainment and information services. Alongside their traditional television programming, AT&T Broadband customers will be able to participate in online communities, use e-mail and shop online.
- Intira Corporation has been named the Netsourcing provider for Military.com, the premier affinity portal for the U.S. military community. Military.com is a comprehensive Internet site serving the personal, professional, and consumer needs of the 80-million-member American military community. With 200,000 registered members since its launch two months ago, Military.com is growing rapidly into a high-traffic special-interest site. Intira's Netsourcing services will run Military.com's e-business application, including Web pages, news, chat, and other content.
- ProBusiness Services, Inc., has a new customer care system, developed in partnership with Siebel, Inforte, Filenet, Genesys and Authoria. The new system, DASH (for Delivering Awesome Service Here), delivers the first end-to-end client management system in the outsourcing industry. Clients benefit by having their service history and interactions at the fingertips of every ProBusiness employee.
Also in this issue ...
- Iron Planet is Moving the Big Steel Online
- NETmachines' Servers Aimed at Growing Market
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Essy Pournoor, Essy's Tailoring and Clothier
- GE Plastics is Leading a New Wave of Fantastic Plastics
- The Hacienda Owners Association Has All the Materials Needed to Introduce You to the Hacienda Community
- County Fair, Tech Adventures, and Business Social Hit Alameda County Fairgrounds
- Sponsors Sought for Exhibits at Historical Society Museum
- Enjoy the Oakland A's Pennant Race with Hacienda Discount Tickets
- Hacienda Index