Published October 17, 2000
Volume 8, Number 10
Community Champions Saluted at Shaklee Event
George Granger of Pacific Bell receives his company's award from Sandra Ryan, Richard Karn, and Charlie Orr.
Shaklee Corporation played host on September 28 to the first-ever Tri-Valley Community Champions Awards Program, presented by the Tri-Valley Community Fund and Tri-Valley Community Television.
The event recognized organizations and individuals from throughout the Tri-Valley for their contributions to the community and was held in Shaklee's beautiful corporate headquarters on Willow Road.
"One of the design objectives of this facility was also to be a focal point for the community, a locus where the community could convene and enjoy one another and recognize those who were contributing to the community," said outgoing Shaklee CEO Charlie Orr. "When you understand what each of these individuals and companies have done, you have to be impressed."
The companies and individuals honored were:
- Pacific Bell, large company with an extraordinary employee volunteer program;
- Sandia National Labs, large company with an extraordinary employee giving program;
- Castleman Law Firm, small company with extraordinary employee volunteer/giving program;
- City of Livermore, government agency with extraordinary employee involvement;
- Ruby Hill Giving Thanks Charity Fund, non-profit organization with an extraordinary record of achievement;
- KPIX, broadcast TV award;
- Tri-Valley Herald, print award;
- KKIQ, radio award;
- Valley Times/San Ramon Valley Times, print award;
- Jim Burt, Jack Oliver, Irene Phillips, Leonard Lloyd, individual awards.
Orr summed up the event in his closing statement. "We hope that this event on an annual basis inspires many other companies and many other individuals to do exactly what the award winners tonight have done."
Also in this issue ...
- Cisco Systems to Make Major Expansion in Park
- Robert Half International Expanding Again in Park
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Masakatsu Inoue, Shaklee Corporation
- Hacienda's Partnership with Acteva Provides Tools for Events and Activities
- Execs Wash Cars, More at Remedy Employee Appreciation Week
- Tri-Valley Entertaiment Scene Offers Music, Dancing, Movies, More
- City's Technology Week to be Capped Off by Technology Marketplace 2000 Event
- Hacienda Holiday Food Drive Starts Soon
- Community Champions Saluted at Shaklee Event
- Hacienda Index