Volume 12, Number 1
New Construction, Changing Leasing Patterns, Increased Absorbtion Sum Up 2003 for Hacienda
2003 will likely be seen as a transitional year for Hacienda. While nearly 230,000 square feet of new space was completed and no new construction commenced, the year saw a significant increase in planning for redevelopment and expansion of existing facilities.
The year also saw a huge resurgence in leasing activity to smaller tenants. Transactions involving space of less than 10,000 square feet accounted for over 90 percent of all leasing with a total of over 530,000 square feet of new leases commencing in 2003. At the close of the year the park's vacancy rate was 14.9 percent for office space and 14.4 percent overall.
Chamberlin Associates' beautiful Hopyard Plaza project was completed
in 2003. The project has already secured Intero Real Estate Services,
Financial Title Company, and Marina Mortgage.
The corporate headquarters for Ross Stores will move
into the CarrAmerica Corporate Center in 2004.
Completed in 2003
|Hopyard Plaza||Hopyard Road||44,250|
Massie Research Laboratories occupied 16,251 square feet on West Las Positas Boulevard.
PeopleSoft completed construction on the latest addition to their
Hacienda campus. The new facilities added 185,702 square feet
to their holdings within the park.
Remedy consolidated several Hacienda facilities with their move into
Inglewood Place at 5960 Inglewood Drive.
ADT, the security systems company, leased 19,000 square feet on Willow Road.
Summary of Major New Leasing Activity in 2003
(not related to new construction or lease renewals)
|Ross Stores||Rosewood Drive||149,664|
|Remedy (consolidation into new space)||Inglewood Drive||78,000|
|Massie Research Labs||W. Las Positas Blvd.||16,251|
|Alacritus Software||Hopyard Road||11,067|
Also in this issue ...
- PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards Combination Brings Value
- Pyramid Takes the Guesswork Out of Screening Job Applicants
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Mark Wooldridge, Bamboo Island
- Spherion Staffs and Outsources Technology Jobs Around the World
- Zenith Insurance Company Takes the Pain Out of On-The-Job Injuries
- New Construction, Changing Leasing Patterns, Increased Absorbtion Sum Up 2003 in Hacienda
- Business From Throughout the Bay Area Produce Transportation Improvement Plan
- Two New AC Transit Lines Added to Hacienda New Rider Incentive Program
- Tri-Valley Wins Kudos in Money Magazine Rankings
- Hacienda Index