Volume 12, Number 2
- Individual Software has released two new software titles that help job seekers compete for top jobs in 2004: ResumeMaker Professional 11.0 and Professional Resumes Quick & Easy. “January, February and March are typically the most competitive months for job seekers. We’re pleased to release new, 2004 versions of our best-selling resume-writing and career software in time to help job seekers gain a competitive advantage,” says Matt Hendrickson, Individual’s senior director of product management.
- CyberTrader, Inc., a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation, has selected Pixion’s PictureTalk Enterprise Conference Server web conferencing software for use in its Active Trader Enterprise. Under the multi-year, 5,000-seat agreement, CyberTrader will incorporate PictureTalk, the Hacienda firm’s flagship product, into their CyberTrader Live software to conduct comprehensive, real-time web-based training and support programs with their customers. “As our client base continues to grow and become more strategic in their trading style, so does their need for effective support and communications from their broker,” says Schwab’s Andy Gill. “We chose Pixion for its ability to deliver enhanced value to our clients.”
- Hacienda’s Pronto Networks has secured $11.3 million in Series B funding from investors including BV Capital, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and the Intel Communications Fund. “The closing of this second round of funding will help us further strengthen our competitive position in the Wi-Fi Operations Support System marketplace and will enable Pronto to expand its sales and marketing operations, particularly in Europe and Asia Pacific where the public WLAN market is growing rapidly,” says Jasbir Singh, president and CEO of Pronto Networks.
- Fandango, Inc., the country’s largest online and phone movie ticketing service, has chosen Data Return, which operates a 55,000 square foot facility in Hacienda, to provide infrastructure and managed hosting services in support of the company’s core online business. “Fandango has experienced tremendous growth, making the performance, stability and reliability of our applications critical,” says Walt Williams, chief technology officer at Fandango. “We found Data Return to be the best partner to manage our application — from code deployment to comprehensive application support — so that we can continue to focus on providing consumers with the most convenient way to buy movie tickets online.”
Also in this issue ...
- Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton Embarks on Major Expansion
- SupplySolution Right Sizes Inventories for Manufacturers and Their Suppliers
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Dick Cahill, Remedy
- Remedy Temp Helps You Build up Your Staff to Suit Your Needs
- PAC Offers Computers and Components for Everyone from Students to Professionals
- Tri-Valley Business Council's Economic Report Brings Regional Data, Issues into Focus
- Valley Communicy Health Center Takes a New Name, Starts Health Care Collaborative
- ESGR Promotes Harmony Between Military Reserves, Employers
- Housing Scholarship Program Offers Rental Aid for Working Students
- New WHEELS Services
- Hacienda Index