Volume 12, Number 4
- Hacienda’s Xign Corporation has been selected by Charter One Bank, a subsidiary of Charter One Financial, to replace the bank’s paper invoice processing with electronic invoice processing. Charter One chose the Xign service to increase accounts payable efficiency, lower operating costs and, for the first time, capture early payment discounts. By providing Xign invoice workflow to hundreds of users, the bank will reduce the invoice review and approval process time from weeks to days. In addition, processing invoices electronically will give Charter One more visibility and control over accounts payable liabilities.
- Darim Vision, headquartered in Hacienda, is now shipping an upgrade to their flagship security video capture and encoding board for security industry manufacturers. The new SP444 multi-channel offers four full-featured encoders on each board for encoding images from four separate channels into MPEG 4 video in full resolution at 30 frames per second (FPS). Designed with expansion in mind, the SP444 supports four boards in one system capable of handling up to 16 channels of digital video recording to work with enterprise server applications.
- Polycom, headquartered in the park, has expanded its award-winning line of standards-based IP desktop phones with the SoundPoint IP 300, a high-quality, two-line phone priced as an entry-level solution for broad deployment within an organization. The SoundPoint IP 300 complements Polycom’s existing IP desktop phones and rounds out the product family, which includes a range of entry, mid-range and high-performance phones that enables customers to tailor large voice-over-IP (VoIP) deployments with phones that meet specific business needs and different telephony requirements.
- Hacienda’s Trapeze Networks, the award-winning provider of the wireless local area networking (WLAN) Mobility System, is partnering with Nomadix, a supplier of solutions that create intelligent Public-access Wi-Fi networks, and PicoPoint, a provider of complete back-office solutions for Wireless ISPs (WISPs), to form the Wireless WorkZone Alliance. The alliance will allow customers to create revenue-generating services and productivity-enhancing applications within a WLAN infrastructure, including venues such as airports, hotels and public hotspots (WorkZones).
- Remedy Help Desk, a key product from Hacienda’s Remedy Corp., has been deployed successfully by Ultimate Electronics, a leading specialty retailer of home entertainment and consumer electronics. A component of Remedy’s IT Service Management (ITSM) suite, Remedy Help Desk has enabled Ultimate Electronics to streamline its trouble ticketing process, provide a comprehensive knowledge base, increase management visibility, and allow for faster problem resolution and follow up. “Deploying Remedy Help Desk was like going from an old, beat-up economy car to a brand new luxury sedan,” said Scott Martell, telecom manager for Ultimate Electronics, about their replacement of Microsoft Access-based support. “Within four weeks, we could determine call volumes, identify problem trends, and create a knowledge base for troubleshooting.”
Also in this issue ...
- Nellcor Flagship Product Sets Sales Records in Reaching Milestone
- ClubSwim Keeps Aqua Buffs in the Water All Year 'Round
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Heiner Dreismann, Ph.D., Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
- Robert Half International Helps Companies Find Temporary Professional Staff
- CrestPoint Solutions Gets Telecom and IT Systems Up and Running
- Staying Healthy and Well in the Tri-Valley
- Hacienda Updates Tri-Valley Transportation Guide
- East Bay Stand Down 2004 Seeks Help in Aiding Veterans
- Hacienda Index