Volume 12, Number 6
- Trapeze Networks, maker of the award-winning wireless LAN Mobility System, has expanded its presence in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region by announcing the opening of its Technical Assistance Center (TAC) in Hilversum, the Netherlands. The Trapeze EMEA TAC is staffed with experienced WLAN engineers, technical consultants and training personnel. Providing first- and second-tier 24-x-7 support, the EMEA TAC will assist channel partners who are deploying the Trapeze WLAN Mobility System at customer sites and data centers throughout the region.
- ZANTAZ’ Exchange Archive Solution (EAS) has been recognized as the best archiving product based on a Microsoft Exchange user poll. The announcement was made at Microsoft's Tech-Ed 2004 conference in San Diego, California. “We are especially honored that Exchange users themselves have chosen ZANTAZ for the People’s Choice award,” said Craig Olson, vice president of marketing for ZANTAZ. “This award demonstrates how the ZANTAZ EAS solution is helping our customers effectively manage the complexities of data archiving and storage management worldwide.”
- Ingenico, the world leader in secure electronic payment and transaction systems, has signed a strategic alliance with CEC (China Electronics Corporation), one of China’s top electronics and computer firms. The agreement will allow CEC to manufacture and distribute Ingenico terminals in China, adaptation and use of Ingenico’s core technologies to the tax collection market in China, and an R&D joint venture.
- Hacienda’s Nellcor, the market leader in pulse oximetry solutions, has announced that it will continue its partnership with the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) and the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) to facilitate the donation of advanced-technology Nellcor pulse oximeters and educational resources to nursing schools nationwide. The company partnered with AACN and AONE in 2003 and sent pulse oximeters and educational materials to 150 U.S. nursing schools. Based on the tremendous success of last year's donation program, Nellcor will again donate technology and educational resources in 2004.
- Shaklee Corporation will serve as an official sponsor of The Race Club, a company dedicated to promoting elite swimmers vying for a chance to compete at the 2004 Olympics in Athens and beyond. "Shaklee has a rich history of helping athletes at the top of their game excel at their chosen sport, and we are proud to continue this record by sponsoring The Race Club," said Les Wong, director of Health Sciences for Shaklee. In addition to sponsorship, Shaklee will serve as a nutritional consultant to The Race Club swimmers to ensure their peak performance at meets and trial competitions.
Also in this issue ...
- Sanarus Introduces New Tool for Breast Tumor Biopsy
- AMS Electric Rides the Current Into Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Neal Smither, Central Building LLC and Access for Disabled Americans
- Marzel's Offers a Perfect Fit for Breast Cancer Survivors
- American Express Financial Advisors is Right on the Money
- Whether a Short or Extended Stay, Business or Pleasure, Hacienda's Hotels have Everything to Make Visitors Feel at Home
- Oakland Arena Offers Discounted VIP Club Memberships to Hacienda Tenants, Residents
- Pleasanton Chamber's New "Vision Pleasanton" Program Provides Business Community with a Political Voice
- IAAP Offers Resources to Administrative Professionals
- WHEELS Pass Renewal
- Hacienda Index