Volume 12, Number 9
Commuter Choice Transportation Fair Provides A Commuter Cornucopia on October 7
Exercise your ability to choose! The Commuter Choice Transportation Fair, presented by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton, will provide a comprehensive, informational forum about local commuting for employers, employees and residents in the Tri-Valley. Exhibitors will educate attendees about the complete range of transportation alternatives and related support programs available to aid them in their commute. Exhibitors will include a broad range of representatives across a wide spectrum of commuting, including transit providers, rideshare resources, biking and walking, telecommuting, regional commute assistance, commute benefits, and employer programs.
The Commuter Choice Transportation Fair takes place on Thursday, October 7, between 10:30 am and 1:30 pm at the CarrAmerica Conference Center, 4400 Rosewood Drive. Admission is free and the first 250 people attending will receive a free Commuter Travel Wallet. A free Deluxe Commuter Bag is also available to all participants who register into the new 511 Regional Rideshare Program database. Special drawings will also be held to award prizes to attendees. Prizes include a variety of transportation giveaways including BART tickets, gift baskets and commute incentives. The grand prize will be a Safari West Passport. There is no charge to enter the drawings and attendees need not be present to win.
The event will be filled with exhibits presenting commute information and related materials. For example, information on all of the following will be available:
• 511 and Online Ridematching. Commuter Choice is all about knowing what commute alternatives are available. The new 511 phone number and 511.org web site services are all about packaging these choices to suit your needs. You will find details on a variety of 511 services and how to use them to plan your commute. Discover the easiest way to develop a carpool or vanpool matchlist instantly using the new 511.org online ridematching service. Find out how to instantly obtain bus and rail schedules. Plan a car-free commute from Point A to Point B anywhere in the Bay Area. Participants will also be able to learn how to dynamically generate matchlists and receive a free Deluxe Commuter Bag at the same time.
• Rideshare Thursday. The Commuter Choice Transportation Fair supports Rideshare Thursdays. Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton have joined the region’s Rideshare Program and its partners to help move this new campaign into its second year as a way to encourage greater use of carpools, vanpools, bicycles and transit when commuting. At the fair, individuals who complete a Rideshare Thursday pledge form will be entered into a drawing to win a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
• Bay Area’s Best Workplaces for Commuters. Businesses can obtain the ability to distinguish themselves as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters under a new federal program. This initiative is a tool companies can use to highlight their support of commuting choices in the workplace and representatives from the program will be available at the fair to provide details. In addition, employers can also sign up to be on the new Bay Area Best Workplaces for Commuters list. This regional recognition will occur later in October and will prominently feature enrolled employers in a Bay Area-wide campaign.
•Tri-Valley Resource Team on Air Quality. The Tri-Valley Resource Team on Air Quality is a public/private partnership formed to help implement the Bay Area Air Quality Management District’s Spare the Air program. Because auto emissions are a leading cause of pollution, the team has developed a number of resources to aid commuters in the use of alternatives to driving alone. Would you like a comprehensive reference on the Tri-Valley transportation network? The Resource Team has developed the Tri-Valley Transportation Guide, which shows all of the regional services available for your alternative commute. Learn all about the latest in an important federal program providing one of the best ways to discount the use of commute alternatives. The team has developed a convenient reference guide on the Commuter Choice Tax Benefit to teach people about this great, money-saving program.
DART service, provided by WHEELS, is available to transport you to and from the event and all Hacienda employees and residents can ride free with Hacienda’s free pass. DART rides may be ordered by calling (925) 447-3278. For information on using DART, visit the WHEELS website at www.wheelsbus.com/dart/dart.html. Parking is also available at the event.
The Commuter Choice Transportation Fair is co-sponsored by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton. Additional event support has been generously provided by CarrAmerica. For more information, contact Hacienda at (925) 734-6500.
Also in this issue ...
- Kohl's Announces Grand Opening of Hacienda Location
- Sport Chalet Opens 42,000 Square Foot Store in Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Kim Hunt, Borders
- PickPoint Dispenses Good Medicine for Healthcare Professionals
- Tri-Valley Community Foundation Helps Raise and Distribute Charitable Contributions
- Emergency Preparedness in the Tri-Valley
- Commuter Choice Transportation Fair Provides A Commuter Cornucopia on October 7
- Tri-Valley Animal Rescue's "That's Amore" Pairs Food, Fun and Fundraising
- Festival Offers a Short Day Trip into Eugene O'Neill
- Hacienda Index