Volume 13, Number 3
- Polycom, Inc., a company which specializes in both hardware and software for teleconferencing and videoconferencing products, has entered the second phase of its multi-year joint marketing and development alliance with Microsoft to deliver business-quality, rich collaboration solutions across communications devices, applications and services. Polycom, which is headquartered in Hacienda, is adding support for Microsoft Office Live Meeting Web conferencing service and Microsoft Office Communicator 2005, Microsoft’s new client software for the Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005. These new products expand on those introduced last year which integrated Polycom’s MGC voice and video bridges, conference and handset phones, and desktop and group video conference systems with the previous generation of Microsoft’s products. The new products are expected to be released in the next 90 days.
- Hacienda’s Arroyo Video Solutions, Inc., the developer of a unique video platform that enables operators such as cable companies to deliver advanced video applications including on-demand content, has completed a $12 million Series B round of expansion financing, bringing total venture capital investment in Arroyo to more than $25 million. The round was led by Matrix Partners and included participation by all existing investors including: DCM - Doll Capital Management, Foundation Capital, Time Warner Investments and Comcast Interactive Capital. The new financing will be used to accelerate Arroyo’s growth in advanced video services by addressing new strategic opportunities and markets.
- Trapeze Networks, a manufacturer of wireless local area networking (WLAN) systems headquartered in Hacienda, and D-Link, a global leader in the design and development of connectivity and communications technologies, have entered a partnership focused on the co-development of enterprise-level wireless networking solutions through a series of licensing and engineering projects. Under the terms of the agreement, Trapeze will sell a newly designed D-Link Access Point fully compatible with the recently announced Trapeze Open Access Point Initiative (OAPI). Future plans under the agreement include several co-development projects that will expand the breadth of products made by both companies to target new and existing market opportunities in enterprise networking. “Partnering with D-Link is the right thing to do for Trapeze at this stage,” said Jim Vogt, president and CEO of Trapeze Networks. “They have unmatched design and manufacturing capabilities and the products we’ll jointly deliver will allow us to address the tremendous opportunity in the enterprise space. D-Link is a leader in wireless networking equipment and we look forward to working with them on extending this lead.”
- The Assistance League of Amador Valley recently received donations from Robert Half International, SafeAmerica Credit Union, and the Tri-Valley Community Foundation, all of which are Hacienda tenants. The ALAV supports, administers, and serves specific community needs through philanthropic projects such as Books of My Own, which provides books to Head Start pre-school and Title I elementary school children in the local community; Personal Care Kits, which provides personal hygiene and grooming kits to women and children in a local shelter; C.A.R.E. (Caring About the Retired and Elderly), which provides one on one contact and special group activities with residents of local convalescent homes.
Also in this issue ...
- CooperVision Looks to Innovate in Hacienda
- Bay Books Opens Area's Largest Independent Bookstore
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Jeff Finn, Finn Design Group, Inc.
- United Global Financial Services Helps Clients Finance their Dream Home
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Tri-Valley Offers Services with a Family Flair
- Pleasanton's Parks and Community Services Department Offers a Host of Sports Leagues, Recreation Opportunities
- Go Green Initiative Brings First Annual Summit to Pleasanton
- Hope Hospice Celebrates 25th Anniversary with "Ship of Hope" Gala
- East Bay Women's Network Provides Networking, Support
- Hacienda Index