Volume 13, Number 7
Free Workshops Offer Tips for Small Businesses
In today’s competitive business environment, it’s more important than ever to have the latest information and tips that can be applied to small business strategies.
That’s the thinking behind the Pleasanton Public Library’s series of small business workshops, to be held on July 21 and 28 and August 4. Speakers with a broad range of expertise on small business issues will be make presentations and answer questions. The workshops start at 7:00 p.m. and there is no charge to participate.
Perhaps the most impressive of the three workshops takes place on July 28, as Emmy Award-winning journalist Carmine Gallo will discuss his new book, The Ten Simple Secrets of the World’s Greatest Business Communicators. In the book, Gallo relates advice from top executives like Starbucks chairman Howard Schultz, Intuit founder Scott Cook, personal finance guru Suze Orman, and Monster.com founder Jeff Taylor, and condenses their knowledge into ten tips on how to connect with audiences who demand passion, inspiration, clarity, and simplicity. As a long-time journalist with CNN, Fox, Cnet, and CBS, Gallo brings all of his experience and expertise to bear on his subject.
On August 4, representatives from the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) will be on hand to offer business owners their perspective on topics such as developing a business plan, securing SBA and other types of financing, managing business growth, and more.
The series begins on July 21 when Dilip Saraf, entrepreneur and author of The Seven Keys to a Dream Job: A Career Nirvana Playbook, will offer tips and success stories on conducting a successful job search in today’s market, where Internet job postings receive thousands of e-mailed resumes in response. Saraf will discuss the proven strategies that he details in his book and offer an explanation of how and why these strategies work.
Each workshop starts at 7:00 p.m. and will take place at the Pleasanton Public Library, 400 Old Bernal Avenue. For additional information, contact Jan Bauman at (925) 931-3400, extension 37.
Also in this issue ...
- Iron Planet Makes Construction Equipment Auctions Pay off for Buyers and Sellers
- Controller's Group Brings Financial Pros to Tri-Valley
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Charles Hom, OD
- Infinite Financial Helps Companies Target Sales Efforts
- Retrieving Stolen Vehicles is LoJack's Business
- Local Health Care Providers, Resources Add to Region's Quality of Life
- EastBay Innovations Offers the Developmentally Disabled a Chance To Excel in the Workforce
- Free Workshops Offer Tips for Small Businesses
- Community Health Charities of California Offers a Simple Path for Giving
- Summer Membership Mixer
- Hacienda Index