Volume 13, Number 8
- ZANTAZ has been chosen by AlwaysOn as one of the Top 100 Private Company award winners for the second year in a row. ZANTAZ was handpicked by the AlwaysOn editorial team based on a set of five criteria – innovation, market potential, customer adoption, media buzz and investor value creation. The AO 100 were selected from over 1,000 companies, peer-nominated by leading venture capitalists, investment bankers and industry analysts. The AO 100 consists of private companies at all stages of development, from early to late stage. ZANTAZ is a global provider of enterprise-class software and on-demand solutions for Information Retention and Discovery Management (IRDM), enabling organizations to cost-effectively manage electronic document and messaging resources, fully comply with industry regulations and proactively manage complex litigation and discovery requests.
- Trapeze Networks, the award winning provider of the wireless LAN (WLAN) Mobility System, has incorporated several new security features into its Mobility System Software. Enhancements to the existing platform enable IT departments to maximize availability of the wireless network by thwarting denial of service attacks, and to ensure the performance of user data transiting the network by identifying and eliminating various kinds of intrusions. Additional features extend rogue detection capabilities and simplify management and treatment of different types of unauthorized access points.
“The rapid pace at which corporations have embraced WLAN technology has introduced new requirements for securing and managing corporate information while at the same time providing satisfactory service levels,” said Bruce Van Nice, vice president of marketing, Trapeze Networks. “The underlying architectural strength of our Mobility System Software (MSS), specifically the Mobility Domain with its distributed database, lends itself beautifully to solving these kinds of problems in a scalable and reliable way.”
- Standard Pacific, one of the nation’s largest homebuilders, has expanded its presence in California’s Central Valley, through the formation of a Central Valley division. The newly-formed division signals the company’s commitment to expand its presence in the Central Valley, where it has operated for some time through its Bay Area divisions. The new Central Valley division will complement the Company's recent entry into the Bakersfield market, through its acquisition of Probuilt Homes in March 2005. "We are excited about the opportunities the Central Valley region will afford us," stated Stephen Scarborough, the company’s chairman and CEO. “The region has experienced positive economic trends, gaining prominence in the State of California. These new divisions will allow us to diversify into lower price points, and will complement our operations in Northern California where we are ranked as one of the largest homebuilders in the region.”
- Cingular Wireless has entered into a 10-year distribution agreement with RadioShack Corporation that will give Cingular more than 5,000 new sales outlets across the United States. This agreement also will make RadioShack Cingular’s single largest distribution outlet. Cingular, a joint venture between SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corporation, will sell its full line of post-paid products and GoPhone pre-paid products through RadioShack stores beginning in the first quarter of 2006-2007. Cingular is the nation’s largest wireless company, with more than 51.6 million customers.
Also in this issue ...
- Kaiser Permanente Purchases Four Buildings in Hacienda
- Tevet Process Controls Wins Editor's Choice Award
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Erin Kincheloe, Cents & Sensibility, Inc.
- Kohzu America Moves Devices with Precision
- No matter the Asset, Allstate Insurance Keeps Customers Covered
- 511 is the Answer to Your Bay Area Transit and Travel Questions
- Join the Great Race for Clean Air and You Could Win a Trip to Santa Barbara
- City of Pleasanton Seeks Business Partners for LEAP Program
- Child Care Links Seeks Entrants for "Family Friendly Employer of the Year" Contest
- Circus Chimera
- Hacienda Index