Volume 13, Number 10
Buyers and Renter Alike Find Housing Resources in Hacienda, Tri-Valley
Pleasanton and the Tri-Valley have a reputation as one of the best places to live in the Bay Area. While finding a new home or apartment can be challenging, there are a multitude of resources offered to make that quest a productive experience.
Hacienda Realtors and brokers handle the sales of beautiful homes and townhomes in four Hacienda developments that are close to shopping, schools, workplaces and transportation services. The projects were all developed by Signature Properties, a firm headquartered in the park which also built Pleasanton’s noted Ruby Hill community.
Signature’s first project in the park was Verona, a 140-unit complex of two to four bedroom townhomes located at the corner of West Las Positas and Stoneridge Drive. Three additional home developments include two to five bedroom homes along with two-to-four bedroom town homes. They are Siena, single-family homes located at the corner of Hacienda Drive and Gibraltar Drive North; and Avila and Valencia, single-family homes located at the corner of Hacienda Drive and Gibraltar Drive North. Each Signature development has a recreation area featuring a pool and cabana as well as access to a linear park with basketball courts and tot lots.
For those seeking a nearby rental, Hacienda also offers nearly 900 apartment units. Each contains a wide selection of choices in size and number of rooms with plenty of community amenities throughout the projects.
The 540 units of Archstone Hacienda (5700 Owens Drive, 925/398-7368, archstonecommunities.com) offer the latest features. Each apartment has luxury appointments, including ceramic tile entries, faux granite kitchen countertops, a GE Hotpoint appliance package, washer and dryer, walk-in closets, and built-in computer niches. A fitness center, two pools, and two spas are also among the apartments’ amenities. The complex consists of one, two, and three bedroom units ranging in size from 795 to 1,313 square feet.
Springhouse Apartments (354 units, 5500 Springhouse Drive, 925/847-9438) features junior one bedroom and one- and two-bedroom apartments as well as one- and two-bedroom townhouses. Each unit has a washer and dryer and individually controlled central heating and air conditioning. Many of the apartments and all of the townhouses have fireplaces. Sizes range from 570 to 990 square feet for the apartments and 750 to 1015 square feet for the town-houses. Other amenities include an exercise room, a sauna, three spas, a swimming pool, and clubhouse for resident use.
Home Buying Resources in Hacienda
Hacienda has a wealth of companies designed to serve the home buyer. Whether you are looking for a broker to help find the ideal home or an institution to assist with the purchase and financing, Hacienda’s businesses can assist.
- Coldwell Banker (5980 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 122, 925/847-2200, www.cbnorcal.com) offers services for buyers and sellers of residential property, area information, affiliated services with mortgage brokers and title companies, a complete national relocation department, an in-house lender for purchase or refinance, the Previews International division for upper-end properties, the Coldwell Banker Home Protection warranty service, and complete web site services. The company, which will be celebrating its 100th anniversary next year, also offers concierge service that gives clients discounts and referrals to companies that provide moving, alarm systems, storage and more.
- Generations Real Estate (3875 Hopyard Road, Suite 141, 925/404-2450, www.generationsre.com) specializes in homes in Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara and San Joaquin counties. The company has relationships with a number of lenders and also provides relocation services.
- Keller Williams Tri-Valley Realty (5994 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 101, 925/249-0910, pleasanton.yourkwoffice.com) was voted “Most Innovative Real Estate Company” by Inman News and uses the latest technology to create solutions tailored to each of its clients. Keller Williams is staffed by full-time real estate professionals who have received additional training through Keller Williams University, keeping them up-to-date on current industry trends and information. They maintain constant contact with local lenders in order to help buyers find the best possible financing. All potential buyers are pre-qualified so that they know exactly how much home they can afford.
- Intero Real Estate Services (5075 Hopyard Road, Suite 110, www.interorealestate.com, 925/251-2500) A local company with roots in the Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay area, Intero enjoys the security of a parent company with a 55-year history of servicing the real estate industry, and financial clout that exceeds several hundred million dollars. Intero associates share the core values of the company: integrity, compassion, loyalty, commitment, and professionalism. Intero has 35 offices throughout Northern California and another in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- New Standard Real Estate Co. (5976 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 112, 925/467-1500, www.nsre.us) offers a full range of services to area buyers and sellers. Their web site offers online home searches in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- Prudential California Realty (5724 W. Las Positas Blvd., 925/924-4600, www.prurealty.com) is a full-service firm with 138 offices and over 5,100 sales associates, conducting over $15 billion in sales volume in 2004 in California, Nevada, and Texas. The company provides all the services that customers need to buy, sell, and maintain a home, including relocation services, in-house mortgage, title, and escrow services, homeowners insurance, and energy and home security services.
- Realty Experts (4555 Hopyard Road, 925/730-2444, www.realtyexperts.com) professionals can help with purchasing or selling residential property, building lots and land. Founded in 1974, they also provide property management and real estate loan services. The firm also specializes in relocation services through its membership in RELO, a network of over 1,100 companies around the country and the world which provides real estate services as well as added benefits such as cost of living analyses and discounts on moving services.
- Realty World Global (4847 Hopyard Road, 925/598-1880, www.realtyworldglobal.net) is a small firm offering personalized attention for buyers and sellers of residential real estate. Their web site offers access to MLS listings in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- Windermere Properties of the East Bay (4309 Hacienda Drive, Suite 150, 925/469-5000, windermere.com) Since 2001, Windermere Real Estate has been serving the neighborhoods of the Bay Area with offices in 12 Northern California cities. Each independently owned office is part of Windermere Real Estate, the a large real estate network operating in the West with over 7,000 agents and more than 250 offices.
Title Insurance and Escrow Services
- Alliance Title Company (4301 Hacienda Drive, Suite 110, 925/225-2050, www.alliancetitleco.com)
- California Title Company (4473 Willow Road, Suite 108, 925/460-3959, caltitlenc.com)
- Chicago Title Company of Alameda County (4637 Chabot Drive, Suite 105, 925/416-9111, westerndivision.ctt.com)
- Cornerstone Title Company (5990 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 119, 925/750-1040, cornerstonetitleco.com)
- Financial Title Company (5075 Hopyard Road, Suite 120, 925/467-5700, financialtitlecompany.com)
- LandAmerica Commonwealth (4833 Hopyard Road, 925/924-1866, cltsc.com)
- New Century Title (4780 Chabot Drive and 4457 Willow Road, Suite 100, 925/224-8800, newcenturytitle.com)
- North American Title Company (4255 Hopyard Road, Suite 1, 925/399-3000 and 5980 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 116, 925/847-9570, www.nata.com)
- Placer Title Company (4811 Hopyard Road, Suite 5, 925/227-9730, placertitle.com)
- Ticor Title Company of California (5976 W. Las Positas Blvd. Suite 206)
- United Capital Title Insurance (4309 Hacienda Drive, Suite 170, 925/416-1481, www.firstcal.com)
- American General Financial Services (4825 Hopyard Road, 925/467-1722, www.agfinance.com)
- American Home Mortgage (5075 Hopyard Road, Suite 200, 925/224-7700, www.americanhm.com)
- Ameriquest Mortgage Company (4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 470, 925/924-1574, ameriquestmortgage.com)
- Ameriquest Mortgage Company (4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 470, 925/924-1574)
- Baytek Mortgage (5980 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 112, 925/227-1452, baytekmortgage.com)
- California Capital (5627 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 315, 925/847-3038, calcapitalmtg.com)
- California Legacy Mortgage (5994 W. Las Positas Blvd. Suite 109, 925/416-1511, californialegacymortgage.com)
- Capital Market Funding Mortgage (5976 W. Las Positas Blvd. Suite 120, 925/225-2700, capitalmarketfunding.com)
- Cherry Creek Mortgage Company (4301 Hacienda Drive, Suite 120, 800/325-2062, cherrycreekloans.com)
- Countrywide Home Loans (4690 Chabot Drive, Suite 120, 925/225-2150, countrywide.com)
- Diablo Funding Group 5990 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 112, 925/227-0100, dfgpleasanton.com)
- Erickson Financial Services (5990 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 118, 925/251-0800, ericksonfs.com)
- First Fidelity Funding (5980 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 101, 925/737-0000)
- First Horizon Wholesale (4473 Willow Road, Suite 102, 925/463-6300, firsthorizonwholesale.com)
- Franklin Mortgage (4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 520, 925/469-6500, franklinmortgageloans.com)
- H&R Block Mortgage (4256 Hacienda Drive, Suite 100, 925/730-0211, hrblock.com)
- Hilltop Financial Mortgage (4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 430, 925/875-9888)
- Hilltop Lending Corporation (5994 W. Las Positas Blvd. Suite 103, 925/467-0888, www.hilltopfinancial.com)
- Home American Mortgage Corporation (5075 Hopyard Road, Suite 130, 925/468-4137)
- The Home Loan Group (5724 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 200, 925/924-4800, thehomeloangroup.com)
- Home Realty Golden State Financing (5976 W. Las Positas Blvd. Suite 118, 925/460-1370)
- Home Trust Mortgage Corporation (4637 Chabot Drive, Suite 106, 925/847-8800)
- IQ Home Loans and Realty (4234 Hacienda Drive, Suite 105, 925/227-8888)
- Jacinto Mortgage Group (5674 Stoneridge Drive, 925/227-8889, jacintomortgage.com)
- LaMarsh Financial (3875 Hopyard Road, Suite 141, 925/225-0410)
- Mortgage Professionals (5980 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 107, 925/227-8510)
- NorCal Lending (4234 Hacienda Drive, Suite 210)
- Option One Mortgage Corp. (4256 Hacienda Drive, Suite 200, 925/201-5200, oomc.com)
- People’s Choice Home Loans (5934 Gibraltar Drive, Suite 205, 925/924-1030, pchloan.com)
- Real Estate Funding Group (5674 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 110)
- SFG Bancorp (4309 Hacienda Drive, Suite 350, 800/840-4140, sfgbancorp.com)
- Silverado Financial (5976 W. Las Positas Blvd. Suite 218, 925/227-1500, silveradofinancial.com)
- United Global Financial Services (3875 Hopyard Road, Suite 249, 925/520-0166 and 5976 W. Las Positas Blvd., Suite 102, 925/224-8795, unitedgfs.com)
- United Home Mortgage (4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 500, 925/224-7810, unitedhomemortgage.com)
- Vintage Mortgage Group (5976 W. Las Positas Blvd. , Suite 110, 925/227-8900, vintagemortgagegroup.com)
- Washington Mutual (4450 Rosewood Drive, 2nd Floor, 925/520-7100, www.wamu.com)
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (4309 Hacienda Drive, Suite 300, 925/468-3100)
- Richmond American Home Gallery (5075 Hopyard Road, Suites 100 and 210, 925/730-5700, www.richmondamerican.com)
- Signature Properties (4670 Willow Road, Suite 200, 925/463-1122, www.sigprop.com)
- Standard Pacific of Northern Calif. (3825 Hopyard Road, Suite 195, 925/847-8700, stndpac.com)
Help for Buyers, Renters
Prospective home owners and renters will be glad to hear that there is plenty of assistance available to help in the process of finding a place to live. Whether your need is informational or financial, these special assistance programs can be a critical aid.
Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center (HOC): The HOC, a new non-profit organization that was established through a collaborative effort involving the cities of Pleasanton, Dublin, Livermore, San Ramon, and Danville, celebrated its grand opening on September 24. The HOC offers a host of services for both buyers and renters, including affordable rental information; down payment assistance; fair housing information/referrals; first-time homebuyer education; pre- and post-purchase education; and referrals. The Center also offers classes on how to find, qualify for, and buy a home as well as credit counseling and financial preparation. Additional information can be obtained by calling the Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center at (925) 373-3930.
The City of Pleasanton is also involved with programs for both buyers and renters:
Pleasanton Home Ownership Assistance Program (PHAP): Since 1992, the City of Pleasanton has had a first-time buyer assistance program for affordable homes in new subdivisions, with a variety of housing types. Competition for the homes through a lottery system has generally given priority to Pleasanton residents and employees. In some cases, second mortgages have been offered by the City or through other sources to bridge the gap between a minimum down payment and the amount of the primary loan so that buyers can qualify to purchase homes.
Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program: Additional assistance is available through the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program. Using an MCC, eligible home buyers increase their ability to qualify for a mortgage loan and reduce their effective mortgage interest rate by approximately 1.5 percentage points. MCC recipients may take 15 percent of their annual mortgage interest payments as a dollar-for-dollar tax credit against their federal income taxes. The home buyer adjusts federal income tax withholdings, increasing the income available to pay the mortgage. The MCC program is coordinated in Pleasanton by the Alameda County Housing and Community Development (HCD) office in cooperation with the City of Pleasanton. Interested applicants can contact the HCD office at (510) 670-5799.
Down Payment Assistance Program: A new down payment assistance loan program was recently introduced for low- and moderate-income home buyers in Pleasanton. The program provides up to $60,000 in down payment assistance for low-income buyers and up to $40,000 for moderate-income buyers. Assistance is in the form of a low-interest (3%) loan that is partially deferred. Additional information on this program is available through the City of Pleasanton’s Housing Division (925/931-5007) and on the City’s web site at www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us/community/housing.
Lease-Purchase Program: The City is participating in the marketing of a new lease-purchase program offered by California Home Source in collaboration with the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG). Through this program, buyers will lease their home for an initial period of slightly more than three years during which they will gradually pay the down payment and closing costs. At the end of the lease period, the lease will convert to a mortgage with 27 years remaining. Information on the California Home Source lease-purchase program can be obtained by contacting the agency at 800-807-8277 (or on the Web at http://www.calhomesource.org/ ).
Below-Market Rental (BMR) Housing Opportunities: Nearly 1,000 below-market rental apartment units have been built under Pleasanton’s Growth Management Program since the mid-1980s. BMR units are available to qualifying renters in Hacienda at the Archstone complex as well as at Springhouse Apartments. Additional BMR units are located throughout the city. Contact the leasing managers directly for information.
Tri-Valley Housing Scholarship Program: Allied Housing, a nonprofit agency, coordinates this program in Livermore and Pleasanton. The program provides temporary housing subsidies to participants of job training programs while they are in school. The subsidies are gradually reduced as the clients transition to full-time employment. Contact the City of Pleasanton at the number below for details.
Housing Counseling and Fair Housing Programs: The City of Pleasanton contracts with ECHO Housing to provide Pleasanton residents with rental assistance programs, housing counseling, fair housing programs, tenant/landlord counseling, home equity conversion, and more. Call (925) 449-7340.
City of Pleasanton Housing Division: For information on housing programs offered by the City of Pleasanton or related programs, call Scott Erickson, Housing Specialist, at (925) 931-5007, or visit www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us.
Also in this issue ...
- DirectBuy Brings Discount Home Products to Tri-Valley
- Dance to the Rhythm at Aura Nightclub and Lounge
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Mary Riley, RN, OCN, ValleyCare Health Library
- Software from Nobix Helps Computer Networks Monitor Themselves
- Arroyo Video Solutions Provides Video-on-Demand for Cable Companies
- Buyers and Renters Alike Find Housing Resources in Hacienda, Tri-Valley
- Del Valle Fine Arts Offers a Broad Selection of Chamber Music Concerts, Recitals
- Pleasanton Art League Supports Visual Arts Activities, Education
- Livermore Valley Opera Begins New Season with "Greatest Hits" Show, Concludes with "The Merry Widow"
- What Makes Flexwork Work
- Hacienda Index