Volume 14, Number 2
- Hacienda’s Polycom, Inc. has received the prestigious 2005 Market Leadership Award in the Global Video Conferencing Infrastructure Systems Market from analyst firm Frost & Sullivan. Polycom was noted for its strong overall product portfolio including unified conferencing capabilities, market share leadership, strong brand recognition, financial strength, and for its integration partnerships with Alcatel, Avaya, Microsoft, Nortel and others to make video communications an integrated part of a company's core IP telephony and presence platform.
“Polycom’s video conferencing infrastructure systems continue to set the bar in terms of overall performance, scalability and integration,” says Sally Windman, conferencing and collaboration analyst with Frost & Sullivan. “This year Polycom led the industry in a new direction with technology partnerships to make video communications an integrated part of the core IP telephony platforms. We believe this integration is necessary for wider adoption within corporate environments, as it offers IT network administrators more control over video on their network, while giving end users more flexibility in how they use video communications as an on-demand communication tool from the phone or from their instant messaging client.”
- According to a leading industry analyst, Zantaz continues to be the leading company for e-mail archiving, accounting for 27 percent of total revenues in that rapidly growing market. IDC published the findings in their new report, “Worldwide Email Archiving Applications 2005-2009 Forecast and 2004 Vendor Shares: When You Need to Know That You've Got Mail.” IDC estimates the e-mail archiving applications market at $193 million in 2004, up 96 percent from the prior year’s revenue of $98 million. The growth of email and email attachments coupled with an increased awareness of regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues are major factors contributing to the explosive growth of the market.
“IDC’s report is a testament to how valuable our proven email archiving solutions are to customers,” says Steve King, president and CEO of ZANTAZ. “By providing unique solutions that fulfill information retention and discovery management needs, we're able to solve some of the most critical data retention and retrieval issues facing companies today.”
- Forbes magazine, for the sixth year in a row, has selected Standard Pacific Corp. for its annual Platinum 400 list. The Platinum 400 companies are selected based on revenue of at least $1 billion and financial performance with their industry peers over both the last five years and the past twelve months. The ranking takes into account sales and earnings growth, stock market returns, debt to total capital and forecasts for long-term earnings growth. The magazine also considered accounting and governance, financial condition and earnings quality.
“We are proud that Forbes has once again recognized us for its Platinum 400 list,” says Stephen J. Scarborough, Standard Pacific’s chairman and CEO. “We believe this selection validates the strength of our long-term growth strategies, and substantiates the quality of our people and operations.”
- Hacienda-based Bivio Networks has created the first network appliance combination to reach 12-Gigabit speeds and beyond that is optimized for complex security/network applications such as intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), firewall/VPN, anti-spam, anti-virus, distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection, content filtering and unified threat management (UTM). Bivio’s unique hardware platform, combined with an enhanced Linux software execution environment, delivers unmatched system scaling and application throughput for these sophisticated next-generation security products that demand higher processing and network speed beyond the capabilities of standard network and computing hardware.
Also in this issue ...
- Standard Pacific Homes Expands Hacienda Offices
- Edward Jones Looking for Long-Term Investors
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Steve Ganesh is Redefining the Technical Staffing Industry
- Pixion's PictureTalk Web Conferencing Application to Add Conference Podcasting
- BKF Engineers Finds Creative Solutions for Complex Problems
- Tri-Valley Business Council, Economic Development Alliance for Business Pursue Economic Development Missions for the Region and the East Bay
- Parent Education Classes Offer Insight, Understanding on Childrearing Issues
- Tri-Valley YMCA Provides a Multitude of Programs for Area Boys and Girls
- MasterCPR Offers Special Rates on First Aid, CPR Certification Courses for Hacienda Tenants
- Hacienda Index