Volume 14, Number 9
- Two Hacienda companies made the East Bay Business Times’ list of the top 25 companies in the region, ranked by market capitalization. Ross Stores, Inc., was listed as sixth with a market cap of $3.4 billion and Polycom placed 11th with a market cap of $2.07 billion.
- Dahlin Group Architecture Planning served as principal architects on “The House of Innovation,” a project produced in collaboration with Sunset and Popular Science magazines. The home, which demonstrates the latest high-tech innovations, is located in Alamo and open for public tours now through October 18. “Thanks to the unified vision of two fine publications, this project has provided our firm with the opportunity to integrate time-honored architectural principles with innovative options, advanced technologies and green building features,” said Mark Day, Dahlin Group’s lead principal for the project. “The design process has been exciting and inspiring and we look forward to the many visitors expected during Sunset’s special open house period.” Additional details are available at www.sunset.com or at (800) 786-7375.
- Baby Loves Disco, afternoon parties for children six months to seven years of age and their parents, is coming to Club Aura in Hacienda. According to the web site at www.babylovesdisco.com, “Baby Loves Disco is an afternoon dance party featuring real music spun and mixed by real DJs blending classic disco tunes from the 70s and 80s guaranteed to get those little booties moving and grooving.” The first event will take place at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 28. Consult the web site mentioned above for additional details or to purchase tickets.
- The Assistance League of Amador Valley credits Robert Half International and the Tri-Valley Foundation for generous grants that have allowed the Assistance League to continue Operation School Bell, a program which provides school clothing to local children from low-income families. During September and October of this year, 320 low-income children will shop for winter jackets, school pants, T-shirts, and underwear at discounted prices thanks to Mervyn’s Livermore. The children also receive a voucher for a new pair of school shoes and each child will receive a new school backpack.
Also in this issue ...
- Roche Diagnostics Breaks Ground on New Research Facility
- Sub-One Technology Moves Headquarters to Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Nelson Hunter Puts His Finance Background to Good Use in the Commercial Travel Industry
- RossMorgan & Associates Makes Small Size Work in Big Ways
- J. Travis Photography Brings Digital Workflow to Product Promotion
- Business Support Organizations Offer Both Local, Regional Focuses for Increasing Their Members' Success
- Looking for IT Info, Education, Camaraderie? Try EBIG
- Hacienda Conducting Survey to Determine Transit Needs, Future Solutions
- Hope Hospice offers In-Home Care and Additional Services for Those at the End of Life
- Commuter Choice Transportation Fair
- Hacienda Index