Volume 14, Number 9
Hacienda Conducting Survey to Determine Transit Needs, Future Solutions
A free lunch at your favorite Hacienda restaurant is yours to gain by participating in a special survey conducted by the park. In an effort to determine both current transit needs and innovative future commute solutions, Hacienda is conducting a survey of tenants and residents as part of an EPA grant study. In addition to the free lunch, all participants will be entered into a drawing for a prize package that includes a top-of-the-line, 80 gigabyte iPod and a $50 gift certificate to the iTunes Store.
The survey will be done in two parts:
• First, participants visit a web page where they provide some basic background information on their current commute, after which they will receive a customized commute profile from MTC’s 511.org outlining their current commute options; and
• Next, the participant then responds to a survey to look at the factors that affect the use of commute alternatives and how various improvements, including the new methods under study, could be used to significantly improve that commute.
“The park is dedicated to improving the quality of life for Hacienda residents and employees,” explains James Paxson, general manager of the Hacienda Owners Association. “This survey is part of our research into long-term, high-impact solutions to further decrease energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, and traffic congestion.”
The survey is the latest effort in Hacienda’s longstanding work towards decreasing congestion and its effects throughout the park. Hacienda’s comprehensive program of commute alternatives has received national recognition, with the park being named a Best Workplaces for Commuters District by US EPA and twice receiving their Gold Award in the Best Workplaces for Commuters Race to Excellence.
To participate in the study or for additional information, contact the Hacienda Owners Association at (925) 734-6500.
Also in this issue ...
- Roche Diagnostics Breaks Ground on New Research Facility
- Sub-One Technology Moves Headquarters to Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Nelson Hunter Puts His Finance Background to Good Use in the Commercial Travel Industry
- RossMorgan & Associates Makes Small Size Work in Big Ways
- J. Travis Photography Brings Digital Workflow to Product Promotion
- Business Support Organizations Offer Both Local, Regional Focuses for Increasing Their Members' Success
- Looking for IT Info, Education, Camaraderie? Try EBIG
- Hacienda Conducting Survey to Determine Transit Needs, Future Solutions
- Hope Hospice offers In-Home Care and Additional Services for Those at the End of Life
- Commuter Choice Transportation Fair
- Hacienda Index