Volume 14, Number 10
Celebrate Food and More at Annual Pleasanton Business Expo
The premier business event of the year, the Pleasanton Business Expo 2006-2007, is coming to Hacienda on Thursday, October 26, bringing with it an opportunity to sample delicious foods and wines while networking with other local businesses.
The theme of this year’s Expo, which is sponsored by the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce, is “Pleasanton Businesses are Really Cookin’!” In addition to a great assortment of Pleasanton companies that will have booths at the event, a number of local restaurants will also be conducting cooking demos and offering up tasty treats to sample.
“Chef Phil from Castlewood Country Club will be putting on a demonstration along with Chef Neil from the Pleasanton Hotel, Chef Skip from Girasole and Bighorn Grill, and the world champion pizza tosser will be there,” explains Dick Fitzmaurice of AT&T, the chair of the event. “It’s a great opportunity to, as I call it, have dinner on us. Wine vendors will be around as well, so it should be a fun night.”
Over 70 businesses are expected to exhibit and over 300 attendees are anticipated, which makes the event a great opportunity to network as well. “It’s an opportunity for people to get acquainted, and that’s always a good thing,” adds Fitzmaurice. “We have a vibrant business community in the city of Pleasanton and this is an annual event to showcase that community. There will probably be over 70 booths by the time we get done with it that people can go around and look and see what products and services are available.”
Also taking place that day, a half-hour prior to the beginning of the Expo, will be the Community of Character Awards ceremony, where several local businesses, including Hacienda’s Sweet Tomatoes, will be honored for their exemplary adherence to the Community of Character traits: responsibility, compassion, self-discipline, honesty, respect, and integrity.
This year, the event takes place from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the CarrAmerica Conference Center, 4400 Rosewood Drive in Hacienda. General admission is $10 for all attendees. For additional information, contact the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce at (925) 846-5858.
Also in this issue ...
- FunMobility Making the Most of Mobile Markets
- Bregante + Company LLP Opens Regional Office in Pleasanton
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Compassion and Generosity are a Way of Life for Jennifer Milne of Marzel's
- Prudential California Realty Serves Northern California with High Tech Tools and Training
- Rubyworx Expands to New Hacienda Location
- Emergency Preparedness in the Tri-Valley
- Valley Children's Museum Makes Progress Towards Opening, Hosts Special Holiday Homes Event in December
- Celebrate Food and More at Annual Pleasanton Business Expo
- Pleasanton's Veterans Take Center Stage in Annual Parade
- Hacienda Index