Volume 14, Number 12
- Hacienda’s ZANTAZ, an industry leader in e-mail and file archiving, discovery, and litigation support, has acquired Singlecast, a privately-held company that developed data classification, policy management, and supervision technologies. The company’s goal is to create the most comprehensive and integrated set of content archiving and electronic discovery solutions by a single vendor for companies of all sizes in all industries. ZANTAZ and Singlecast had previously worked together for over two years through a technology licensing agreement which enabled the integration of Singlecast’s compliance review tools in the ZANTAZ Enterprise Archive Solution and First Archive products. ZANTAZ will now incorporate Singlecast’s technologies across its entire content archiving product line.
- Under a new agreement with the software giant, select Microsoft customers will soon have access to a host of products from Hacienda’s InnerWorkings. Through the Microsoft Developer & Platform Readiness program, InnerWorkings will offer its catalog of Microsoft .NET training tools and skills assessment software to thousands of developers currently using the .NET framework. “InnerWorkings is delighted to be chosen by Microsoft’s Developer & Platform Readiness team for this important initiative,” said Francis McKeagney, CEO of InnerWorkings. “We are excited about working with Microsoft on our shared goal of driving .NET Framework development skills and programming excellence for enterprise customers on a large scale. InnerWorkings offers a completely novel approach to improving developer performance and productivity within the enterprise. Developers learn real programming skills with the very latest technologies while working almost exclusively in Visual Studio. We look forward to the successful execution of this ground-breaking developer program in conjunction with Microsoft.”
- Hacienda’s Ezonics Corporation has introduced Power Monitor 3.0, a software package that pairs with the company’s wireless W.I.S.E. Cam to create a video surveillance system for home or business. Power Monitor 3.0 saves captured footage to a computer file and includes support for motion detection, real-time video monitoring and recording for up to 16 cameras, alert delivery options including e-mail or text messaging to mobile devices, and more. Power Monitor 3.0 also works with web cams from a variety of other manufacturers.
- Steelwedge Software, a Hacienda company specializing in sales planning and performance management software, has received an investment from Omnia Ventures, the investment arm of a $500 million privately held company headquartered in London. “The unique combination of the Steelwedge next-generation solution for sales forecasting and planning and Omnia’s global consulting, manufacturing and logistics presence, including an extensive network of relationships with European and Asian manufacturing firms, will enable Steelwedge to profitably grow its customer base,” says Manar Zarroug, chairman of Omnia Ventures. “Omnia believes in the power of planning applications to increase business performance. Steelwedge has proven that it has the technology and team to become the preeminent global provider of integrated business planning solutions.” Sigma Partners, a Boston-based venture capital firm with over $1.5 billion under management, also participated in this round of financing for Steelwedge.
Also in this issue ...
- OnWafer Technologies Gets Inside the Process Zone
- Huntington Learning Center Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: A Booming Business is the Result of Christina Petrosky's Focus on Family
- Sensovation Corporation Sees Future of Health Care
- Diablo Funding Group Serves Both Wholesale and Retail Mortgage Markets
- Hacienda's Web Site Offers Information at Your Fingertips
- Over 600 from Throughout the Area Expected at the Convention and Visitors Bureau's 10th Annual Tri-Valley Regional Mixer
- For Members of the Tri-Valley Sustainable Business Alliance, It's Easy Being Green
- Tri-Valley Animal Rescue Offers "Claws for Paws" At Second Annual Crab Feed
- Hacienda Index