Volume 15, Number 7
- Hacienda’s IronPlanet continues to grow at an impressive pace. The online auction company, which specializes in used heavy equipment and trucks, caters to an international clientele by providing detailed, guaranteed inspection reports on each lot. In the first half of 2007, $105.9 million of equipment was bought and sold through IronPlanet, a growth of 37 percent over the same period last year. During the same timeframe, the company averaged more than 9,000 viewers in 17 auctions and received over 22 bids per item. The company’s growth is also indicated by the fact that first-time buyers accounted for nearly 25 percent of all purchasers. “IronPlanet continues to grow by leaps and bounds,” says Robert Alleger, CEO of IronPlanet. “By cultivating an international base of interested buyers and providing secure transactions, sellers realize better equipment prices and buyers are able to purchase with confidence.”
- Prudential California Realty, which is headquartered in Hacienda, was recognized as the largest privately-held company in the East Bay by the East Bay Business Times. Prudential’s fiscal year 2006-2007 revenue was $11 billion. Their 4,600 employees provide real estate brokerage and services in California, Nevada, and Texas.
- Technology from Trapeze Networks is being deployed at Cardiff University, where the Welsh college is creating the largest wireless local area network (WLAN) for the use of their 35,000 students and staff. The network, which will utilize Trapeze’s Smart Mobile technology, will include more than 1,300 access points in 66 buildings across three square miles.
Also in this issue ...
- Hacienda Celebrates Silver Anniversary
- Business Bits
- Hacienda Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Executive Profile: Joe Callahan: Visionary with a Penchant for New Projects
- 25 Years Later, RJA Takes Pride in Accomplishments and Adaptability
- TJKM Road to Success Winds Through Hacienda
- Hacienda Dining Guide 2007
- Sister City Association Offers Social, Cultural Relations with Tulancingo, a Mexican Town in the State of Hidalgo
- PPIE Connects Businesses with Students
- HR Professionals Find Support, Networking in Tri-Valley
- Hacienda Index