Volume 15, Number 8
- Autonomy Corporation, Plc., a publicly-traded company headquartered in Cambridge, England, has acquired Hacienda’s ZANTAZ, Inc., for $375 million in cash. “Companies are rapidly recognizing the importance of being able to proactively retain, classify and quickly extract meaningful evidence from terabytes of email, documents, spreadsheets, audio, video and other unstructured data for compliance and litigation purposes,” says Steve King, ZANTAZ president and CEO. “Together with Autonomy, we will deliver an unprecedented opportunity for customers—including 14 of the top 20 securities firms and 9 of the top 10 global law firms—to gain competitive advantage and streamline the management and control of these key business processes, eliminating multi-vendor solutions and redundant resources and significantly reducing cost and risk. We are extremely excited with the unique possibilities for future product direction that will arise through the integration with Autonomy’s technology.”
- Hacienda’s Hunter World Travel was recognized as the third largest travel agency in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times. The publication ranked the businesses on their sales in the region for 2006-2007. Hunter World Travel recorded sales of over $48 million last year, enabling the company to climb to third from their 2005 ranking of fifth.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc., a manufacturer of wood-to-wood, wood-to-concrete and wood-to-masonry connectors and fastening systems which is headquartered in Hacienda, has acquired Swan Secure Products, Inc., a manufacturer of fasteners made of stainless steel and other materials. The purchase price was $43.5 million in cash. Simpson Strong-Tie also offers a full line of adhesives, mechanical anchors and powder actuated tools for concrete, masonry and steel.
- Hacienda' FunMobility announced key enhancements to its personalized wallpaper service included in their popular wallpaper applications such as Wallpaper Universe and FunScreenz for mobile devices. The improvements let consumers create personalized wallpaper composed of multi-line text with soft drop shadows in varied colors, shadow strengths and textures. Additionally, these products will now allow for text angling within the personalized message area for more dynamic effects. The upgrade also offers opaque text, anti-aliasing, and significantly faster rendering of text effects. “These enhancements are key to FunMobility maintaining our lead with our best-in-class mobile user generated content applications,” says Adam Lavine, FunMobility CEO.
Also in this issue ...
- AT&T Welcomes Yellow Pages Unit to Hacienda
- Mills Uniforms Gets Students Geared Up for School
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Love of Nature and Environment Blossoms into Thriving Business, Strong Convictions for Kevin McGuire
- Richmond American Homes, Dedicated to the "American Dream"
- Harsch Investment Properties: Family Pride Builds Long-Term Relationships
- 511: Your Source for Bay Area Transit and Travel Information
- Special Offers and Discounts Available for Hacienda Tenants, Residents
- Tri-Valley Community Foundation's Youth Achievement Service Receives Award
- Rotary Clubs Service Communities Local and Abroad
- Hacienda Index