Volume 16, Number 7
- Belden, a St. Louis-based manufacturer of data networking products, has agreed to purchase Hacienda’s Trapeze Networks for $133 million in cash. Trapeze specializes in wireless LAN applications, including campus-wide deployments for customers in education, health care, manufacturing, and government, a product line which complements Belden’s wired network offerings.
“During the past six years, enterprise customers around the world have invested in Trapeze Networks Smart Mobile because they can depend on it for constant connectivity and reliable mobility,” says Jim Vogt, Trapeze president and CEO. “The superior performance and cost benefits of our highly acclaimed wireless LAN products have fueled our global growth through the distribution and through our OEM relationships with 3Com, Enterasys, Nortel and other large networking companies. Our customers can now be assured of continued product innovation and new capabilities from the combined resources of Belden and Trapeze.
- ”BAE Ground Systems has awarded CPU Tech a $47 million delivery order for Acalis system-on-a-chip components for use in Bradley Combat Systems vehicles. The Acalis CPU420 contains multiple processors, memories, controllers, interfaces, and other items.
“The integration and low power of the Acalis CPU420 enabled us to significantly reduce the number of boards while adding enhanced functionality,” says Ed King, CPU Tech’s CEO. “Its capabilities were key to developing a modern system for a vital military platform.
- ”Harsch Investment Properties’ facility at 3825 Hopyard Road has received an Energy Star Certificate. According to property manager Monica Graham, “This is an award of excellence establishing our rank in the top 25 percent of our building class in regards to energy management.”
- Two projects designed by Dahlin Group Architecture Planning have been recognized in the recent PCBC Gold Nugget Awards. The oldest and largest program of its kind, Gold Nuggets honor creative achievements in architectural design and land use planning for residential, commercial and industrial projects. Entries come from 14 Western states and international entries are accepted for all countries. Dahlin Group was honored for their Owens Drive headquarters, which received a Grand Award, as did their design for SummerHill Homes Morgan Square Plan Four in Fremont. The awards were presented at PCBC 2008, billed as “Homebuilding’s Premier Tradeshow & Conference,” held June 17–19 at Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Also in this issue ...
- ACCSS Centralizes 250-Employee Operation in Hacienda
- Byers Engineering Provides Specialized Expertise to Telecom and Utility Companies
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Ed Westmoreland, Eddie Papa's
- Snelling Staffing Launches Office Services Group
- tw telecom Shows Off Remodeled Offices and Network Hub on July 22
- Health & Wellness: Get Up and Move!
- Learn How to 'Blue' Your Business at Spare the Air Employer Summit
- 'Day in the Park' Funds Summer Camp for Sick Kids
- Hacienda Security Provides 24/7 Park Monitoring
- Hacienda Index